Director of Finance
Dirty Lemon BeveragesApply for Job
We are looking for a dynamic, passionate, and driven person to join the team as our Director of Finance. Dirty Lemon is a true start-up, so you will be asked to wear many different hats and take initiative to get things done. Your primary responsibility will be to handle daily company finance and accounting needs, control spending against budget/plan, and create reporting and analysis for internal and external stakeholders. You will also be expected to identify and implement improvements to our processes and hold wholesale accounts responsible for meeting payment expectations. Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Daily Finance, Accounting, and Tax Filings - You will maintain a daily reconciliation of all financial transactions for the company, and act as the point of contact between DLB and external financial partners such as Bill.com and our accounting team. In this capacity, you will ensure all tax obligations are filed, paid, and documents are retained. Additionally, you will set limitations and restrict access for financial related documents across the organization.
- Analytics - You will provide weekly strategic insight reports to the team to drive action in various areas of the organization. Your regular analysis will be used to set baseline KPIs for performance of each team member and explain their performance relative to those goals. You will use data to proactively identify trends (Pos/Neg) and direct teams accordingly.
- Budget Controlling - You will create an annual budget for the organization in November for the following year. You will update the forecast of expenses on a monthly basis to compare actuals against budget. This role acts as the guardian of spending, limiting expenses that are outside of budget tolerances to optimize burn rate.
- Demand Planning - You will forecast expected sales against Budget on a monthly basis, and estimate the sales lift expected by using various marketing tactics such as: BOGO, BTGO, outbound SMS/email.
- Bill Payment / Accounts Payable - You are responsible for making sure that all bills are thoroughly vetted and paid on time. You will create and manage the Purchase Order process, evaluate credit terms for all purchases and work to achieve a minimum of 30 day credit terms with all suppliers.
- Collections / Accounts Receivable - In this capacity, you will make certain that all payments due to the company are collected with at least a 90% collection rate within AR terms. You will create and manage the invoicing process. You will assess the company’s payment processing rates every 6 months to negotiate the lowest price possible.
The perfect candidate will be educated and passionate about finance, modeling & accounting. This position will communicate directly with the COO daily to ensure the financial stability of the company is maintained. This role is fast-paced and requires full attention of the candidate & constant communication with our team. We are looking for a passionate, motivated and highly organized individual to fill this role & add value to the team.
- We require you to have a diploma from a four-year college or university.
- 5 years’ experience in Finance, preferably with a food, beverage,fashion, or cosmetics company.
- You must be a guru in Microsoft Excel.
- Ready to go above & beyond to help the team; open to a flexible schedule
- Exceptional writing ability, both business and creative
- Entrepreneurially driven; excited to work in a fast-paced and energetic environment
- Full of fresh ideas; skilled at planning, organizing, prioritizing and working on simultaneous projects
- Solutions oriented; propensity to solve matters rather than dwell on the problem at hand
Competitive salary, opportunities to grow within the company and shape our growth strategy, Full medical benefits (including dental & vision), A human-centric culture inclusive of wellness perks.