National Sales Manager (Midwest Region)
Welch'sApply for Job
The Regional Sales Manager (Grocery Midwest) serves as a front line business leader, communicator, and facilitator of Welch's products and delivers on the assigned volume, profit and share goals for approximately $20M in annual sales. This role is responsible for Grocery customers in the Chicago, Grand Rapids, Great Lakes, Kansas, Texas and New York markets. The Regional Sales Manager directs and manages broker planning and execution against volume, distribution, pricing, merchandising and trade spending.
What You'll Do:
- Responsible for developing and executing distribution, shelving, merchandising and pricing goals by customer to maximize sales growth.
- Establish local market priorities, objectives and strategies to guide broker development of market/account plans that deliver Welch's objectives.
- Manage trade budget and establish post promotional process to deliver spending efficiencies to maximize ROI.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with customer.
- Forecast monthly sales to ensure the demand, financial and sales planning teams are aligned to the volume and trade needs of the customer.
Who You Are:
- Strong leadership qualities both with customers and employees.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized and has very effective time management skills.
- Comfortable interacting with all levels of management, including senior leadership.
- Demonstrates strategic thinking and excellent listening skills.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Proven business and financial acumen.
- Strong strategic planning capabilities
- Solid P&L and trade management abilities
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field required
- Minimum 5 years of grocery experience in a customer facing sales role required
- Broker management experience required
- CPG experience required
- Up to 80% travel required
What You'll Enjoy:
- Collaborative colleagues working together to deliver results.
- Flexible work schedules including Summer and Winter Hours
- Robust health benefits, and paid time off programs
- Generous 401k plan with annual company match
- Discounts on Welch's products
Welch's is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Protected Veteran