Sales Representative - Northeast Pennsylvania, Lehigh Valley & Berks County
Troegs Brewing CompanyApply for Job
Position: Sales Representative
Territory: Northeast Pennsylvania, Lehigh Valley & Berks County
Job Classification: Full-Time, Year-Round
Reports to: Regional Sales Manager
Pay Rate: Salary
Benefits: Health Insurance, including Medical, Dental, and Vision, Paid Vacation – Eligible after the 1st of the month following 60 days of employment; Participation in 401k w/ Company Match – Eligible after 1 full year of employment
Tröegs Brewing Company is a family-owned company with a perpetually curiosity for making great beer. We look for co-workers who share our uncompromising vision. We value highly-skilled people who can get along with others and maintain a positive working environment.
The Sales Representative is an account-level sales person focused on growing Tröegs business in Northeast Pennsylvania, Lehigh Valley and Berks County. This position requires flexible hours, daily travel (some overnight), and frequent weekend events.
High-energy, detail-oriented person needed for fast-paced, but rewarding position. Must have pleasant personality, be self-motivated, goal-oriented, and the ability to communicate well with people. Beer industry knowledge and 1-2 years beverage industry sales experience is required. The ideal candidate would live in a centrally located area in Lehigh Valley and have good, working knowledge of the corresponding beer scene(s).
Daily Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regular ride-alongs with wholesaler representatives.
- Visit and maintain contact with retailers, restaurants, bars.
- Fulfill needs of wholesalers as required (i.e., POS, tap handles, sell sheets, etc...).
- Communicate on daily basis w/ Sales Manager regarding orders, trends, seasonal considerations and all other sales related issues.
- Monitor wholesaler’s inventory and depletions.
- Analyze sales data/performance on a monthly basis.
- Complete company administration requirements on time and regularly, including expense reports, weekly/month recaps, monthly calendar, budget management, and daily e-mail responses.
- Be thoroughly acquainted with every key decision maker or decision influencer in accounts.
- 6+ promos/ staff trainings, 5+ new bottle placements monthly.
- Search for new draft placements while merchandising accounts.
- Visit a minimum of 40 accounts per week.
- Participate in beer samplings, promotions, beer festivals and all related events.
- Build & maintain relationships by communicating regularly with our wholesaler sales managers.
- Conduct quarterly sales meetings/ presentations with our wholesaler’s sales staff.
- Must maintain a functional vehicle and have a driver’s license with NO DUI’S.
Wholesaler/ Market Knowledge:
- Knowledge of who key people are at wholesaler(s) such as owner, President/ GM, sales manager, supervisors, all sales people, merchandising manager, events coordinator, operations manager, draft manager and receptionist.
- Develop understanding for how the following gets done: POS orders, pulling and invoicing of samples, scheduling ride-withs, scheduling merchandiser account visits for specialty POS and beer displays, basic policies for handling wholesaler bill backs, receiving monthly sales reports, scheduling time at monthly/ quarterly sales meetings and how sales reps and supervisors are compensated.
- Knowledge of pricing of all Troegs products plus general pricing of top 5 craft and import beer competitors in the market.
- Develop market profile and target lists.
- Strong knowledge of Tröegs Brewing Company, its history and its products.
- 1-2 years of demonstrated success in beverage related sales.
- Experience working with Vermont Information Processing (VIP) software.
- Experience working with IRI Data collection.
- General knowledge of the brewing process and how all Tröegs beers are produced.
- Communication styles – well developed understanding of the four communication styles, proven ability to consistently recognize and adapt to all four styles, and the ability to master all five components of the selling skills process (opening, proposal, probing, objection handling and closing).
- Basic computer skills, and experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Previous beverage industry experience required.
- 40 hour minimum work week, with extended hours as required
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends and some holidays
- Must be available for occasional overnight travel
Troegs Brewing Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (gender), national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, and public assistance. In addition to federal law requirements, Troegs Brewing Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Troegs Brewing Company expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment.