Continuous Improvement Engineer
Lagunitas Brewing CompanyApply for Job
The Continuous Improvement Engineer will provide leadership to major on-going continuous improvement activites. This role will prioritize, coordinate and drive the improvement of key production KPIs at their specific production location. Applying engineering and technical expertise, the Continuous Improvement Engineer will partner with plant operations and support staff to lead the effort to improve efficiency, reduce cost of operations, and generally improve any performance metric that has been highlighted as a priority. This position will also provide engineering support to the project teams, and support the overall project management at their site.
What you'll do:
- Responsible for all continuous improvement activites and efforts within the facility.
- Partner with Supply Chain and Plant leadership to prioritize all KPIs to create a constantly-evolving master plan for efficiency improvements.
- Work with plant operations staff to introduce continuous improvement initiatives, including Kaizen events, value mapping, and various other tools used for improvement.
- Design and execute a plan for continuous improvement, including driving improvements across all operational levels.
- Build and develop individual KPI leaders and experts among the operations staff to foster a culture of CI that enables additional improvement opportunities.
- Be the source of technical expertise for the other Supply Chain Support staff, including the local project manager, providing assistance on projects, engineering, and design.
- Provide engineering support to the Supply Chain Support team including designing and drawing P&IDs, working on equipment and instrument lists & specifications, along with any required process engineering support.
- Occasionally function as a project manager for major and minor projects throughout the brewery to support the project manager and continue developing technical knowledge.
- Influence a CI approach throughout the company; train on CI fundamentals to empower plants to continue to scale.
- Support brewery operations in any capacity available, being flexible within a constantly changing production landscape in order to maximize resources.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
What we're lookin' for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent required.
- Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, or similar continuous improvement experience required.
- Six Sigma Green Belt, Black Belt, or similar preferred.
- Experience in process engineering a definite plus.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in production continuous improvement activities, including running Kaizen events, leading lean activities, and implementing lean and CI principles.
- Strong technical understanding of the brewing process and brewing quality control points.
- Desire to learn and lead, growing into a strong technical leader for the entire production team.
- Ability to lead change across all levels and departments of organization.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills to enhance understanding of CI strategy and performance.
- Ability to clearly articulate issues, opportunities and risk to support decision-making.
- Flexibility to respond to frequent changes in production requirements and/or systems and equipment failures.
- Ability to manage competing priorities within a dynamic environment.
- Must be analytical, organized and efficient.
- Passion for Lagunitas and the beer business.
- Ability to use a computer keyboard and calculator.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
- Typical office environment (by Lagunitas standards).
- Travel up to 25-50% per year.
- Willingness to work outside in all weather conditions.