Vice President of Operations
Muskoka Brewery, CanadaApply for this Job
Job Title: Vice President of Operations Department: Leadership Team
Location: Bracebridge Job Type: Full-Time/Permanent
Centered in the heart of Muskoka, Muskoka Brewery is a caring and open-minded Ontario Craft Brewery. Our grassroots culture is inspired by the natural wonder that is our backyard. The connection to each other and to this place that we share has made us strong and determined. We are passionate about our beer and brewery. Our brands have been recognized as Ontario’s top beer brands amongst the craft brewing industry, and our people recognized as Canada’s first Living Wage Brewery and one of Canada Most Admired Cultures.
We are Muskoka Brewery! With our values of Resolve, Authentic, Caring, Thirsty and Unique as the cornerstone of everything we do, we are collectively here to Make our Mark and Make a Difference in this world. Our objective is to be Canada’s Most Trusted and Iconic Beer Brand. We are excited to continue to build this dream and are looking for a key leadership team member to join our great group of people and lead with Excellence and passion.
VICE PRESIDENT OF OPERATIONS
Reporting to the President, the Vice President of Operations will strategically and authentically lead the Brewery’s operations team in brewing, distilling, packaging, maintenance, supply chain management and distribution. As a member of the Senior Leadership team (SLT), this role will embody a truly safe and effective working environment supporting our team’s well-being, enabling continuous improvement and facilitating excellence in quality and freshness of each of our brands. As the Vice President, you will possess a values-based leadership style, a desire to coach others to succession, and instill best practices in all aspects of operations.
As a significant member for the Senior Leadership Team, the VP will:
- Be a leading ambassador of Muskoka Brewery’s values, vision and overall business strategy, develop operational goals and objectives for brewery operations, and support various events to build strong relations within our 3 Muskoka Brewery communities (our team, our community, and our industry and partners);
- Liaison within the Craft brewing and distilling industry to build relations and establish best in class processes and programs associated with brewing operations, environmental sustainability, and safe work practices. Promote the mission and values of the organization and ensure adherence by your teams both internally and externally;
- Develop and propose annual strategic goals for operations and establish key performance metrics (KSI); effectively communicate the plans and development steps to enable each team member to contribute;
- Fiscal budget responsibilities for all functions within Operations, identify and execute on cost-conscious initiatives and production effectiveness, and achieve established strategic objectives while adhering to the approved fiscal budget;
- Manage and oversee the budget for equipment purchases and other major expenditures. Assess capital equipment purchases and provide short term and long-term capital recommendations to Ownership to facilitate continued growth and sustainability;
- Through the collaboration with department managers and leaders, oversee all operation activities to ensure production schedules align with the aggressive sales forecasts and demands;
- Facilitate an environment that fosters strong team dynamic through success recognition, team empowerment, active coaching, staff education, and project orientation. Ensure all tools and resources are provided to the team members;
- Work with the Brew Master and brewing team to develop continuous improvement to brewing/distilling operations in efficiency, cost reduction and operating procedures; and facilitates an environment of continual creativity;
- Work with the Packaging, Supply Chain, and Distribution teams to manage the demand plan execution to ensure all sales forecast requirements are met, and enable continuous communication across all departments to increase effectiveness in production, delivery, and procurement requirements;
- Work with the Quality team to oversee the development quality reports to ensure high quality demands are met, and to apply continuous improvement methodology to enable best practices in quality and process management;
- Along with the Maintenance team, develop best practices for preventative throughout the Brewery, procurement of new equipment, building layout changes and expansions, and oversee all design and operation improvements to the brewery systems and equipment; and
- Actively lead and participate in the Joint Health and Safety committee, to ensure organizational compliance in equipment, training, and communication to the team is adhered too. Empower the JHSC to facilitate recommendations and participate in the solutions
- Successful completion of a bachelor’s degree in business management, chemistry, and/or Mechanical Engineering;
- A minimum of 10 years of management experience in a manufacturing environment (craft brewing/distilling industry is preferred);
- Professional trained and experienced in continuous improvement programs and/or project management, and process controls; a change management facilitator;
- Proven track record in managing teams, developing best practices and facilitating a rapid growth model in operations;
- Proficient technical skills to oversee and identify capital procurement requirements of the brewery. Strong knowledge of the brewing process is a strong asset;
- Values based leadership style with the proven ability to coach and mentor others, leading others through inspiration and collaboration, with the ability to gain trust and respect throughout the organization;
- Strong presentation and continuous communication skills (both written and verbal)
- A strategic planner with exceptional analytical and decision-making skills;
- Fluent in various MS office and database programs;
- Ability to build strong external relationships both within the community, municipality and industry
- Extensive knowledge of food/brewing industry compliance standards such as the OHSA and HACCP; and
- Strong work ethic and ability to multi-task, prioritize and adapt to changing situations
- ***Due to the nature of this role, the candidate must reside or re-locate within a reasonable commuting distance to the brewery***
Muskoka Brewery is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. If you require assistance or a reasonable accommodation in completing the application materials or any aspect of the application process, please contact Human Resources.
Please submit your resume and cover letter directly to Kelly Watson through the posting link or to HR@Muskokabrewery.com. Thank you for your interest, only those qualified will be contacted.