Supply Chain Category Manager
Lagunitas Brewing CompanyApply for Job
This role is responsible for our supplier relationships, category strategies, and sourcing processes. Leads the development and execution of supply strategies to create the best mix of results for key business stakeholders. Delivers a full range of supply management services including SRM, strategic sourcing, supplier quality, and supply chain risk management. This partner works closely with the SVP of Finance, and the Operations, Strategy, and Supply Chain teams to coordinate the development of projects and to ensure business needs are met by the supply base.
What you'll do:
- Leads business stakeholders to develop robust direct and indirect category strategies that deliver results against identified key business priorities.
- Owns and executes Lagunitas’ strategic sourcing process for applicable spend categories; Mentors junior members through the process to achieve results in category sourcing.
- Develops, monitors, and manages supplier quality initiatives based on business need, and knowledge of industry best practices.
- Identifies areas of risk in Lagunitas’ supply base and develops risk mitigation plans with affected business stakeholders to ensure continuity of supply, safety, and financial sustainability.
- Responsible for leading contract negotiations and the development of strategies and roles to facilitate execution.
- Identifies and develops business processes to improve departmental effectiveness and ensure sound supply management discipline.
- Supports Operations through facilitation of supplier quality, service, and supply challenges to ensure continuity of production and facilitate growth.
What we're lookin' for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent required.
- MBA preferred
- APICS CSCP, or similar certification preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Supply Management, Procurement, or supplier-facing Supply Chain Management; strong project management experience preferred.
- Excellent negotiator with a demonstrated knowledge of strategies and tactics to achieve results in situations with varying leverage.
- Ability to lead change amongst a cross-functional group of executive-level and hourly colleagues.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills to enhance understanding of business performance and strategy.
- Ability to manage competing priorities within a dynamic environment.
- Must be analytical, organized and efficient.
- Passion for Lagunitas and the beer business.
- Experience in consumer packaged goods industry preferred.
- Ability to use a computer keyboard and calculator.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Typical office environment (by Lagunitas standards).
- Travel up to 25% per year.