Sponsorship and Event Coordinator
Harpoon BreweryApply for Job
The Sponsorship & Event Coordinator duties involve a wide range of experiential marketing programs. The Sponsorship & Event Coordinator is involved in a very busy promotional schedule for the Harpoon/UFO brands and the Harpoon Helps program, which includes coordinating the entire sponsorship process, from evaluating/selecting sponsorship opportunities, planning, relationship management, internal resource coordination, to day-of execution. Additionally, the Sponsorship & Event Coordinator will serve on the planning committee of Harpoon Helps five marquee events and will work closely with all other business functions within the Marketing and Events team. Participation in marketing activities (e.g. festivals and industry events) beyond specific job responsibilities is required.
These responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Sponsorship and Event Coordination
- Assist in fielding sponsorship requests and, upon acceptance, plan and execute level of participation.
- Communicate with external event directors for Harpoon’s/UFO’s involvement and organize execution of sponsorship, including social media, email communication, staffing if appropriate, equipment preparation, and logistics to ensure that the Harpoon/UFO brands are well represented, from promotion of event to day of execution.
- Execution of numerous event production tasks, including clean-up after events and seeking new opportunities to improve event production.
- Work with Sales team to ensure sales opportunities and financial goals surrounding events are met.
- Collaborate with the Digital Marketing team and local Brewery Representative on planning and execution of social media communication regarding sponsorships, including but not limited to:
- Creation of social content (images and copy)
- Measurement of results
- Monthly editorial calendar
- Follow-up and evaluation of programs.
- Work with Harpoon Helps team to plan and execute Harpoon’s marquee fundraising events. Specifically, helping with event operations for the Harpoon 5-Miler, Harpoon Octoberfest Road Race, Harpoon Dogtoberfest, Harpoon Friendsgiving, and Harpoon Helps Spread Holiday Cheer.
- Work with Harpoon Helps manager in day to day administration and fulfillment of donation requests.
Mass. Bay Brewing Company (MBBC) Event Execution
- Festivals: Participate in the execution of Harpoon's five marquee festivals per year at both the Boston, MA and Windsor, VT breweries.
- Participate in industry events when appropriate.
- Must be atleast 21 years old and have a valid driver's license.
- Bachelor’s Degree: Preferably in Marketing or Business Administration; 1-3 years of experience in promotions or event planning preferred.
- Attention to Detail: Ability to multitask in a stressful environment. Innate ability to problem solve on the spot.
- Self-Starter & Team Player: Ability to work independently on projects without much supervision and at the same time work closely with others in a team environment. Comfort with hands-on work.
- Flexibility: Ability to adapt to wide-ranging tasks associated with the position, from working in an office environment to being on site at the festival ground. Ability to thrive in an environment that requires flexible work hours with concentrated peaks of off-schedule hours during the key event season.
- Work Habits, Competencies, and Traits:
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to rally and motivate internal and external stakeholders
- Dependability, enthusiasm, and a cheerful and professional demeanor
- Forward thinker who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Positive attitude and influence; team player attitude is a must
- Genuine enthusiasm for craft beer
- Assertive, results-oriented, and driven
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Variable hours that include night and weekend work.
- Occasional overnight travel to clients, vendors, and events.
- Prolonged standing, bending, stooping, twisting, as well as repetitive hand and wrist motion and lifting of products and supplies weighing ~65 lbs.
- Work with hot, cold, and hazardous equipment.
- Indoor and outdoor work all year long.
This position provides the opportunity for professional development in marketing programming via hands-on experience in event and sponsorship planning and production. More broadly, the candidate will gain knowledge and skills of consumer engagement through a range of brand activation activities. This position requires a combination of physical labor, desk work, customer-facing interactions, behind-the-scenes operations, team work, and independent work.
POSITION: Sponsorship and Event Coordinator
LOCATION: Boston Brewery
SUPERVISOR: Harpoon Helps and Sponsorship Manager
FLSA: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
JOB GRADE: Firkin
To Apply: https://harpoonbrewery.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/5620e0f2-0526-2432-e86e-2c8891e0da53/apply?source=931538-CS-20458