Barista Territory Manager
Happy Planet FoodsApply for this Job
Happy Planet Foods, Inc. is a well-known supplier of organic, fresh and natural fruit juices, Smoothies and Soups and amazing premium plant based beverages like Oat Milk. Happy Planet is philosophically driven and passionate about its people, its products, the community and environment. Happy Planet offers an exceptional opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing and innovative business. This key person will be a Happy Planet Ambassador.
The Territory Manager’s (TM) primary responsibilities are to launch, grow awareness and achieve foodservice sales goals of the Oat Barista production line through developing relationships with key partners and collaborating with the coffee industry. As an ambassador at B2B events and working with retail Business Development Managers, the TM is to position Oat Barista as the leading plant-based option for professional baristas, chefs and coffee enthusiasts.
The TM works directly with Barista Trainers and goes behind the bar, calibrates coffee brewing equipment, throws down latte art; provide tips and tricks and is a one-on-one – coach, counsel, and mentor.
The TM is can expect to spend much of their time on the road, visiting key contact and customers. Travel is expected to be 50% of the time, with trips outside of California on occasion.
- Sales: Builds relationships with and delivers exceptional service to Café Owners/Operators, Coffee Roasters, Master Distributor and Strategic Partners; achieves and exceeds sales goals; manages contract negotiations; provides ongoing customer support and audits accounts to ensure conditions of distribution agreements are met.
- Events and Outreach: Identifies and participates in appropriate industry events; liaises with Marketing to develop outreach strategies; assesses impacts and makes recommendations for future actions.
- Reporting: Produces weekly forecast reports on wins and losses; provides feedback to Product Development for new concepts, goods and services; coordinates with Marketing on new product launches; and creates user cases for customers and Marketing.
- Excellent barista skills (ie. SCA certified Level 2 or equivalent industry experience)
- 3 to 5 years of experience in sales within high volume food service organizations; strong understanding and knowledge of cafe operations
- Familiar with retail coffee operations
- Expertise in making coffee using professional espresso machines
- Current skills – coffee industry knowledge, experienced, insightful, up to date
- Experience working in the foodservice/restaurant/hospitality sector
- Demonstrated customer service excellence
- Proven ability to manage time to reach sales targets, provide insight from the field and iterate approach based on learnings
- Experience in demanding and busy work environments
- Comfortable working independently and largely unsupervised.
- Proven ability to grow revenues in the territory.
- Proven ability to positively influence decision makers to achieve business objectives.
- Excellent networking and relationship building skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and proven experience turning analyses into effective strategies and plans.
- Strong time management skills, good organization and ability to handle administrative requirements.
- Ability to stretch their influence across other retail channels to expand the Happy Planet brand presence
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent sales and marketing skills with proven follow through.
- Strong computer skills, especially MS Office.
- Valid US driver’s license.
- Flexibility to travel at least 50% including overnight and weekends.