Gaia HerbsApply for Job
The Product Manager is responsible for managing Gaia Herbs’ entire product portfolio and tracking key metrics to measure internal and market product/brand performance. This role oversees the product team, which is responsible for planning and executing new product market introductions to sales and the trade. As a member of the Brand/Growth team, this person is the internal product ambassador, ensuring all materials and content accurately portray all Gaia Herbs products. This person plays an important role in product development, assisting in the research and development required for business case/concepts for new products, and/or product renovations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the product team and related projects to successfully own the coordination and on time completion of all new product launch materials in collaboration with the sales, creative, communication and education teams.
- Supervises product team members focused on managing the day-to-day activities related to marketing efforts directed at promoting Gaia Herbs products across several US retail, health care practitioner, D2C and online channels. Team manages in-field programs such as product demos, broker product launch kits, samples, coupons and promotional items.
- Manages the product lifecycle process and tracks market performance by brand, category and core products. Provides monthly/quarterly product/category performance reports for existing and new products for leadership. Assists in creating new product forecasts for business cases. Tracks actual new product sales to forecast and keep track of metrics that can measure overall market response to new items in distribution.
- Manages select budget line items in Brand annual operating budget to support product development and market launches (samples, consumer/market research, promo materials, etc.).
- Serves as a vital member of the cross-functional product development team and Gaia Herbs Brand/Growth team. Is the lead product team member at cross-functional new product tactical and leadership meetings, helping facilitate new product projects through stage gates. Oversees new project plans and key deliverables required by various brand team members. Acts as the primary liaison of new product/product changes to Brand/Growth Team. Collaborates with sales to implement New/Active Product Marketing Strategy.
- Assists the Director of Product Strategy in researching, writing and preparing business cases, as well as, creative briefs for new product concepts. Supports Product Development through data analysis, market research and development of a new product value proposition.
- Takes a leadership role in managing approved market research projects, including consumer research, industry overviews, current trends, consumer experiences, buying behaviors and awareness of brand/herb, etc. Oversees RFP process and execution of project to end derivable(s) achieved.
- Evaluates product change requests and the impact they may have on the retail customer and the end consumer, in addition to current marketing materials, planned promotions, etc. to inform final marketing sign off/approval.
- Produces and maintains an annual product management plan to track existing and new product revenue targets, including delta to actual, growth targets, points of distribution, etc.
- Serves as product, consumer and industry expert for Gaia Herbs product lines and market segments, staying ahead of the competition by conducting quarterly market reviews.
- Conducts research for new product ideations, including ingredients, packaging concepts and respective promo swag.
- Attends industry tradeshows/industry events as needed to support Brand team and new product launches.
Directly supervises the Associate Product Manager.
Education and/or Experience
- B.S. or M.S. degree in related field and/or commensurate experience in marketing/brand/category management positions within consumer-packaged goods. Strong preference given to those with two (2) or more years in the natural products industry
- Demonstrated success in managing a Brand’s product portfolio and/or pipeline
- Minimum one (1) year of managing a direct report.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- In-depth knowledge of Natural Products, Consumer Health Products marketing and product development.
- Demonstrated understanding of market data including SPINS, Mintel, Digital e-Listening Services, Consumer Quant/Qual. Data, etc.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to interpret business results and provide insight.
- Ability to learn more about the market and our consumer’s needs while identifying opportunities/risks/trends that may thwart/accelerate brand share and/or growth.
- Strong organization and project management skills.
- Fast learner and self-starter who is creative with contagious enthusiasm.
- Must be have the ability to work independently and be self-directed, yet be accustomed to working in cross-functional team environment.
- Ability to demonstrate creative, strategic, and highly organized thinking.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to manage several priority projects at one time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk, sit, use hands to finger, talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to be able to view a computer screen for extended periods of time.
The primary work environment for this position is in the Gaia Herb’s Marketing offices located in Mills River, NC. The above statements are meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.