Kansas Sales Manager
Kansas City Bier CompanyApply for this Job
Kansas Sales Manager
The Kansas City Bier Company is a growing, 5-year old wholesale brewery and the largest locally-owned brewery in Kansas City. We distribute our bier through 16 wholesalers (ABI network) in western MO and eastern Kansas. Our mission is to brew authentic tasting German-style bier and deliver it with the same character, flavor, and freshness as bier brewed and consumed in Germany.
The Sales Manager will oversee Kansas distributors and engage in direct selling through on and off-premise retail accounts, samplings, and special events.
- Build relationships with brewery personnel, distributors and retail customers.
- Educate distributors and retail customers about our brands and the special attributes of our bier that will drive sales to consumers.
- Participate in developing marketing strategies for our brands.
- Lead distributors to execute selling and marketing programs in on and off premise accounts.
- Hold distributors accountable for executing selling and marketing strategies and evaluate the effectiveness of each distributor’s efforts.
- Analyze sales and market data, especially through VIP, to evaluate the performance of our distributors and create new marketing strategies.
- Achieve territory volume goals
Skills and Competencies:
- Must be passionate about German-style bier and thoroughly familiar with the unique brewing methods and ingredients that create the special character of our bier.
- Must be an enthusiastic disciple for the KC Bier Co brand and not merely an order taker.
- Thorough understanding of the 3-tier system and the roles that suppliers, distributors, and retailers play within that system.
- Follow all applicable laws governing the sale of alcohol in assigned territory
- Must be able to travel, including overnight
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-5 years sales experience (beer sales preferred)
- Cicerone Certification – Level 1 (within 6 months of hire date)
- Successfully complete internal beer and brand training
- Valid Driver’s License
- Medical, Disability, Life Insurance, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Monthly credit in the Bierhalle for food and bier
- Paid Time Off
- Mileage compensation
To apply please send your resume and compensation requirements to email@example.com