Karbach Brewing CompanyApply for this Job
- This position will be responsible for growing the Quality program at the Brewery, refining and establishing lab practices, reaction plans, and qualifying new instrumentation
- This position will manage Quality and coordinate initiatives in the Brewery that will ensure integrity of the product reaching the consumer, and ensure compliance with government agency regulations
- Considered a subject matter expert on food safety regulations. Interact with government agencies/officials on food safety issues and inspections for the Brewery.
- Primary responsibility for tracking and monitoring all Quality parameters including Food Safety, Microbiology, Consumer Complaints, etc.
- Lead the continuous improvement of Quality policies
- Collaborate with the Innovation group to design new products and ensure the safety and quality of new products and processes introduced in the Brewery.
- In conjunction with management and supervisory staff lead efforts in the brewery to improve Quality and the effectiveness of plant cleaning and sanitation programs. Evaluate new suppliers of products and equipment in order to reduce costs and improve result
- Lead and improve brewery sensory program including appraisal packaged and work in process beer; raw materials; development and training of sensory panel; establish and update “true to brand” standards
- Member of brewery management/leadership team
- Oversee sensory program
- Oversee procurement of lab equipment and supplies; manage lab budget
- Lead team of 3
- Bachelor of Science degree required, Food/Brewing Science, Microbiology, Biology, Chemistry, Engineering or related field preferred.
- At least three years of experience in the food and beverage industry.
- In depth knowledge of both brewing and packaging processes, including plant sanitation (CIP/COP) practices.
- Working knowledge current GMPs, HACCP, pest control and allergen control. Expertise in GFSI standards (BRC, FSSC22000, SQF, etc.) a plus.
- In depth knowledge of food/brewing microbiology and microbiological methods.
- Strong understanding of Quality Assurance programs, minimum sampling plans, data reliability, statistical process control, etc.
- Comfortable in a lab setting, using sterile technique, troubleshooting instrumentation, and preparing samples
- Proven leadership and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- A self-starter, driven, and comfortable working alone or leading a team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills, including excel
- Experience Managing or Leading teams is a plus
- Sensory Experience