Distributor Sales Manager-North Bay
Anchor Brewing CompanyApply for this Job
The North Bay Distributor Manager (DSM–North Bay) at Anchor Brewing will drive volume & execution through building & developing relationships with both assigned distributor network along with retail accounts. The DSM will be responsible for developing and implementing strategic plans alongside with and through assigned wholesaler network (distributor) to grow sales and share of Anchor Brewing brands throughout the North Bay Territory. The DSM–North Bay will lead distributor planning meetings, volume & distribution planning, execution of distributor plans along with national account programming. The DSM–North Bay will be a strong presence within the distributor, as well as, the market to increase share of mind and share of market.
- Accountable for volume, share and retail execution in trade.
- Develop and execute business plans with distributors, key accounts, and local chains to grow volume and share.
- Responsible for leading and ensuring maximum distributor focus and investment on Anchor portfolio via annual business plan and monthly plan implementation/execution.
- Develop and recommend pricing strategy that maximizes sales and profitability through all phases of three tier system.
- Responsible for increasing distribution and volume throughout the state.
- Be viewed by accounts and distributor personnel within territory as the “go to person” for any programs or opportunities with Anchor.
- Build relationships with high impact accounts within territory
- Conduct wait staff /bartender training, beer tastings, key events and promotions.
- Help merchandise key accounts by building displays, resetting coolers and displaying point of sale items to increase visibility of the brand.
- Lead distributor sales meetings & communicate opportunities to deliver our goals.
- Conduct distributor “work-withs” to build camaraderie, educate distributor representatives on Anchor, and sell in new business.
- Financial and budget responsibility - stay within budget while delivering objectives.
- Responsible for being the key point of contact at the distributor
- Drive customer and solution based selling with distributor and local chains
- Accountable for volume, and share performance at the distributor and key accounts
- Provide value added solutions and problem solving (Retail solutions expertise and leadership)
Business Analysis and Collaborative Planning:
- Understands brand attributes and communicates to distributors and retail customers
- Problem solving and opportunity identification across all channels and segments
- Direct and collaborate with distributor and Anchor Management on development of the annual business plan
- Development and leadership of the annual and monthly plan development and active in-market implementation/execution/evaluation
- Accurate forecasting and planning on a monthly basis
- Implement pricing strategies within assigned territory
- Operate within assigned budget to meet objectives and grow sales
In Market Execution:
- Develop and execute monthly and annual plans
- Responsible for in outlet selling – on & off premise
- Conduct tastings at key accounts and festivals in the market
- Work with local (Independent) chains to gain distribution, display and ad activity
- Accountable for the analysis, segmentation and development of target account lists
- Own the execution of the Anchor portfolio in territory (distribution, display execution)
- Own the development of Anchor portfolio brands (identifying and prioritizing brand building opportunities)
- Regular in-market work with schedule to evaluate effectiveness of plan implementation as well as in identifying retail volume/profit opportunities
- Prepare annual distributor performance review
- Demonstrated success in relevant prior work experience
- Prior sales in CPG and sales Distributor Management experience is required
- Experience in craft beer or spirits preferred
- Minimum 4 years of experience selling in a direct store delivery environment preferred
- Four year college degree is preferred
- Retail and customer solution based selling ability
- Planning and organizational skills required
- Experience with business analysis and opportunity identification
- Working knowledge of distributor operations
- Execution expertise (providing direction and solutions to improve in market execution)
- Pricing strategy and in-market tactics
- Effective analytical skills – basic finance/business skills
- Effective problem solving
- High energy team player with strong social skills