Account Manager - Georgia
Orpheus BrewingApply for this Job
Summary of Position:
The primary role of the Account Manager is to develop demand and drive preference for the Orpheus brand in the hyper competitive craft beer market. Working with key distributors, channel partners and consumers alike, the Account Manager is responsible for growing and supporting sales in an assigned geographic territory. He or She will develop long-term and sustainable partnerships and devise innovative sales and marketing strategies that support the growth objectives of the brand and company. The Account Manager is self-motivated, enjoys the challenges and rewards of working in dynamic environment and seeks to get in on a ground floor opportunity with a rapidly growing craft brewery in Atlanta, GA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Report to the Director of Sales.
- Work closely with our distribution partners to build long-term and sustainable partnerships with their sales and marketing teams.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with key accounts by calling on them regularly and quickly responding to all queries, issues and opportunities.
- Generate and execute ideas to grow market share by using data obtained from sales reports and experience in the market.
- Be the expert on Orpheus products and brand while working independently and with our distributor partner representatives to identify and cultivate new accounts and promotional opportunities.
- Effectively communicate and propose new ideas with the team based on experience in the market.
- Develop quarterly and monthly account/territory plans and submit weekly reports on activities including timely submissions of all expense reports.
- Collect and report competitive intelligence information on pricing, promotion and placements.
- Must be able to analyze and develop sales opportunity from VIP/Lily Pad software or other company provided sales/CRM software.
- Submit daily market work reports to our distributor.
- Provide distributor partners and accounts with sales literature, technical assistance, and product training and education.
- Be flexible and willing to assist other members of the Orpheus team as needed.
- Must be able to maintain business-like behavior during and after the consumption of alcohol during social events and have a clean driving record.
- The Account Manager will setup/execute an avg. of 10 events/festivals per month, while also booking events/festivals and maintaining the event calendar for our local Brand Ambassadors.
- Must be 21 or over.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and car insurance; reliable car; clean driving record.
- Ability to work flexible schedule; nights and weekends required; some holidays.
- Live in the market for which Account Manager is responsible for.
- Prior experience in a beer/wine sales position preferred.
- Strong knowledge of craft beer industry, emerging trends, and local retail consumers.
- Prior knowledge of draft system operations and at least the first level Cicerone Certified Beer Server certificate preferred.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Must have time management, persuasion, organization, coordination, listening and social perceptiveness skills.
- Must have access to a computer and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Able to travel both in and out of state; overnight stays.
- Knowledge of Orpheus Brewing brands.
- Experience with sales/CRM software preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performance abilities required by this job include:
- Regularly being required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk, hear, and smell.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
- Must be able to critically assess beer quality.
Vision abilities required by this job include:
- Close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The ability to travel via car or airplane on a regular basis.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Full time salary position with benefits package including medical, dental, and vision contribution; paid vacation; phone allowance; gov’t standard business mileage rate.
Orpheus Brewing, LLC is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status or other category protected under applicable law.