Director of E-Commerce
Gaia HerbsApply for Job
The Director of E-Commerce is responsible for leading the company's E-Commerce team and executing strategic growth plans for e-tailers, including Amazon, and direct to consumer platform. The role includes overseeing the profitable development of e-tailer customer base with focus on Amazon, as well as direct to consumer business, in line with strategic vision for the brand and the company. The Director of E-Commerce will be in charge of the development of Gaia Herbs’ e-commerce team into a true growth driver and innovation center for the company, as well as a united and inspired team unit.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages P&L of e-commerce and direct to consumer channel and key customers, delivering the budgeted growth and protecting customer profitability.
- Leads negotiations of customer and supplier contracts, developing personal relationships with top accounts and ensuring a “top to top” connection.
- Holds e-commerce team accountable to measurable performance objectives. Uses data and reporting to quantify and clearly express what success looks like at all levels of e-commerce performance.
- Provides leadership to E-Commerce team through effective and clear objective setting, inspiration, and communication. Serves as the voice and ambassador of E-Commerce channel within the organization.
- Develops strategic 3 year plan for e-commerce channel development in collaboration with EVP of Sales and Marketing. Ensures e-commerce plans are in line with the rest of channel strategy from pricing and execution perspective.
- Produces the demand forecast for E-Commerce and Direct to Consumer channels, and collaborates with Operations and Finance teams on E-Commerce go to market strategy and execution.
- Reviews, supports, promotes and protects our product offerings in E-Commerce and Direct to Consumer channel, including enhancement of brand pages, ensuring mechanisms are in place to respond and build on Customer Reviews, in collaboration with Digital Marketing team.
- Provides a high level of oversight and focus on the development of Amazon business, including establishing high ROI advertising programs, optimizing brand presence, and developing and managing IMAP protections.
- Manages the external relationships with third party representatives, helping support and maintain our Amazon account, and ensuring we are maximizing expenditure.
- Develops Direct to Consumer platform into an impactful gateway experience for the consumer and a profitable and growing business, in close collaboration with the Digital Marketing team.
This position directly supervises E-Commerce Marketing Manager and E-Commerce Account Manager.
Education and/or Experience
- 10+ years’ business experience, including at least 4 years e-commerce experience.
- A track record of success building sales on Amazon.com in one or multiple consumer goods categories, ideally focused on health and wellness.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business, Marketing, IT or a related discipline preferred), Master’s degree preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication, with the ability to collaborate well.
- Ability to be proactive and to thrive within a fast-paced environment.
- Proven team management skills and a track record of building a team from the ground up.
- Demonstrated mastery of digital marketing strategies and tools.
- High level of comfort working with data and analytics.
- Strong knowledge of natural and organic brands, with a passion for wellness and natural lifestyle preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, to visit accounts and the Mills River, NC office.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to read and write complex marketing correspondence.
- Ability to effectively and articulately present information in one-on-one and small groups situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Skilled in negotiation tactics.
- Proficient in interpreting and applying complex sales data.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Ability to perform effectively in a remote work environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee is regularly required to talk and respond to spoken communication; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to be able to view a computer screen, and the ability to drive a car.
This position is remote. The environmental hazards, including the noise level in the work environment are in the employee’s control.
The above statements are meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.