Regional Sales Manager East/West
Kite HillApply for this Job
Kite Hill is looking for 2 REGIONAL SALES MANAGER's to join our Team. East coast based and West coast based.
This candidate will be extremely flexible and enjoy a “fast-paced” environment where priorities evolve as the business and brand develops and grows from its core in the natural channel to more mainstream distribution channels. Candidates, who connect through positive and respectful interaction, inspire greater success and create extraordinary experiences, solutions and ideas will be at the top of our list.
The Regional Sales Manager is accountable for selling and managing Kite Hill brands into Food, Natural / Specialty channels, supervising a broker network to develop and manage programs to generate and increase sales of Kite Hill products. The Regional Sales Manager works with the Sales Director and Customer Marketing to ensure that the new opportunities align with brand strategies, volume, spending, and profit goals. This position requires an entrepreneurial candidate that “lives and breathes” the core values of the company and can communicate those values to new and existing customers. This person will also provide input on the geographic expansion of the channel plan within their territory and play a critical role in the future growth of both our core business and new innovation.
- Establish and achieve Food, Natural & Specialty channel distribution goals and objectives through the existing and expanding distributor network.
- Manage annual customer forecasts process and plans and ensure effective plan execution to deliver against our sales goals and objectives.
- Foster and manage relationships with new and existing customers by; participating in trade and distributor shows, customer planning meetings, leveraging customer specific programs where appropriate, work in-market with broker account managers to increase their knowledge of Kite Hill products and to jointly work opportunities at points of availability and distribution.
- Evaluate, train, and manage a network of Retail brokers in a way that creates a highly motivated, effective sales team to optimize placement and sales of Kite Hill products with retailers and points of availability. Assist in management of broker sales and merchandising teams including performance standards, quarterly goals and objectives and assess performancein securing new points of distribution.
- In collaboration with Customer Marketing, development of annual Key Account & Channel programming in support of creating demand generating opportunities for the brand. Work directly with accounts to optimize program effectiveness and execution against Kite Hill strategies.
- Execute approved sales strategies and tactics at the customer (both distributor and point of availability) level. Ensure planned programs are both effective and efficient and that retailers deliver the required performance levels.
- Responsible for the development of fact-based, analytical and compelling sales presentations. Provide ongoing education (category management insight) to brokers, distributors, and points of availability regarding Kite Hill products and customer programming.
- Actively participate on the Sales Team and broader Kite Hill community through collaboration, communication, and best-practice sharing with other sales managers and stakeholder groups.
- Manage all trade spending within the approved Account Plan. Work with Customer Marketing, Marketing and Finance teams to analyze any incremental opportunities and obtain final approval before committing to any spending outside of the Account Plan.
- Proactively collaborate with all functional areas of Kite Hill (Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain, Customer Service, Human Resources, Customer Marketing) and other channels in Sales to facilitate processes with new customers and to avoid conflicts with our core channels of distribution.
- Conscientiously manage travel expenses.
Position-Specific Skills Required
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a genuine brand ambassador, who exemplifies the Kite Hill culture in all candidate communications and interactions through great story telling and customer first approach.
- Must be able to effectively communicate to the customers, brokers, and within our company in an honest, transparent, and authentic way.
- At least 4 years Broker management experience.
- Proven and solid understanding of Category Management and fact-based selling
- Bias to action / sense of urgency
- Project management / able to stay on point and complete tasks
- Business acumen, understands a P&L, able to prioritize programs based upon key financial criteria
- Channel savvy. Understands food, mass, club, as well as the other channels in sufficient manner to create programs for customers without creating channel conflict.
Leadership Skills Required
- Take ownership and responsibility for actions, behaviors and contributions.
- Strong ability to inspire and motivate self and others // Able to effectively build and lead teams
- Must possess creative problem-solving abilities, a desire to excel and exceptional leadership skills.
Technical Expertise Required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and computer skills (excel, power point, word, email)
- Mastery of retailer math
- Must possess a strong understanding of distributor-based business models and networks.
- Good driving habits are required.
- A business degree emphasizing sales, marketing or other job-related field or equivalent business experience.
- MBA preferred but not required
- 4+ years of sales experience required, with Natural & Specialty experience preferred, food channel experience a must.
- Frequent travel, approximately +65%, is required across assigned territory.
- Key markets include:
- West Coast (Including but not limited to: Los Angeles, Orange Co., San Diego, San Francisco, Portland, Seattle, Phoenix, Denver)
- East Coast (Including but not limited to: NY/NJ Metro, Mid-Atlantic, SE)