Southern California Market Manager
Ninkasi BreweryApply for Job
Primary Work Location: Southern California
Supervisor: Southwest Regional Business Manager
Job Overview: Leads and coordinates functions to obtain sales, secure new retail accounts, service the needs of existing accounts, and facilitate special events throughout Southern California, including Los Angeles County, Orange County, Santa Barbara County, and San Diego.
All members of the Ninkasi community are expected to positively contribute to our culture of continuous improvement through intentional focus on the following objectives:
- Safest Workplace: Everyone leaves work as good or better than when they arrived.
- Best Customer Experience: Our efforts transfer the maximum value to our customers.
- Zero Waste: Relentlessly eliminating waste positively impacts our customers, our environment and ourselves.
At Ninkasi, we take our core values very seriously. All team members are expected to embrace and embody these values each and every day:
- One team.
- Quality output in everything we do.
- Creative pursuit of mastery.
- Integrity in our actions.
- Successful integration of work and life.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Successfully execute sales campaigns in existing and new accounts with Ninkasi products visiting on- and off-premises customers and working closely with the Regional Business Manager, our distributor partners in this area, and other potential wholesaler partners.
- Work closely with distribution partners, including:
- Attending sales meetings
- Providing education
- Completing work-withs
- Notifying the distributor of orders obtained from accounts
- Plan, attend and execute special events and tastings as needed.
- Facilitate product sales on selected items/brands.
- Work in collaboration with Ninkasi distribution partners in achieving monthly and yearly sales objectives.
- Familiarize established accounts with new products and developments.
- Develop new accounts through cold-calling on prospective new customers and by working with the distributor’s target list.
- Plan and conduct educational product presentations such as tastings to promote new products or to present new promotional opportunities to customers.
- Keep clear records and provide reporting on job activity/performance as needed. This includes, but is not limited to, a weekly report on sales activities, monthly planners, and monthly expense account report.
- Work with accounts and distributor partners to help resolve concerns regarding product delivery and pricing accuracy.
- Remain knowledgeable on competitive products, promotional matters, sales systems, and pricing and marketing policies. Inform management of competitive activity and conditions that would affect company interests.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Desired Minimum Qualifications
- Education: 4-year college degree or equivalent in a related field.
- Experience: 2-5 years of demonstrated success in a similar or related field.
- Qualified candidates must be familiar with Los Angeles County, Orange County, Santa Barbara County, and San Diego.
- Successful candidate will be required to reside in Los Angeles County or Orange County.
- Access to reliable transportation (i.e. car, van or truck) is essential. Employee must also have a valid driver’s license and appropriate levels of insurance coverage.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and communicate in person, via phone, and in writing.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, and be able to move kegs which weigh roughly 165 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment will vary for this position given the nature of the job duties. Employee will most likely spend ample time in a car, their home office and visiting accounts. The noise levels will vary based on location. This position will also require flexible hours which will sometimes include nights and weekends in a bar or event atmosphere.
Please Note: This Job Description is neither definitive nor restrictive and may be modified to meet changing needs.
Are you able to perform the essential functions and responsibilities of this job with or without reasonable accommodations?
Yes _____ No _____