Corwin Beverage CompanyApply for Job
Corwin Beverage Company, an organization with a proud history of award-winning sales, customer service and community involvement, is looking to hire an experienced, inspiring, and detail-oriented Sales Director. We distribute more than 400 types of soft drinks, juices, waters, sports and energy beverages, tea, coffee, beer and wine. Learn more about Corwin Beverage Company at: www.corwinbevco.com and www.Kendallspioneer.com
The Sales Director effectively plans, directs, and implements our organization’s sales force strategies, and manages the essential functions of the sales teams, their operation and resources, to deliver results. Excellence in execution requires planning, reporting, quota setting and management, sales process optimization, sales training, sales program implementation, sales compensation design and administration, and recruiting and selection of sales force talent.
This position is responsible for the successful infrastructure and overall productivity and effectiveness of the sales teams for Large Format, Small Format, On-Premise or other sales channels. Reporting directly to the CEO, the Sales Director fosters close working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the sales department’s efficient operation and success.
Ensure excellent execution of sales initiatives of Corwin Beverage that maximizes all resources while creating an environment of high expectations and accountability for all.
Using expertise and sound judgement to continuously drive sales and profit:
- Develop and execute key sales objectives for Large Format (Walmart, Safeway, Winco, etc.), Small Format (convenience stores) and On-premise (restaurants/fast food) markets
- Continuously drive sales growth by providing training, clearly defined goals, and accountability of all team members
- Support the Company’s strategic growth initiatives by maximizing sales execution initiatives within our DSD framework
- In conjunction with marketing, develop and execute promotional activities throughout the customer base to increase brand awareness, customer engagement and increased sales
- Flawless operational excellence through the execution of company sales initiatives
Develop and enhance effective customer relationships through:
- Providing leadership and support in managing the company’s various distribution channels to ensure effective market penetration and mutually respectful relationships with our customer partners
- Flawless communication to ensure all customer needs and expectations are exceeded
- Ongoing facilitation to achieve a win/win resolution for Corwin and customer
- Vigilant presence in the community and with customers to strengthen brand and reputation
Exceptional development of all team members through:
- Establishing and maintaining appropriate systems for measuring team member performance against expectations
- Setting performance goals for each direct report that are challenging, achievable, and tied to overall company strategies
- Creating an engaging environment where each individual team member has the ability to maximize his/her own professional and personal growth and development to execute all job functions at an expert level
- Continuously empowering and inspiring team members through the highest levels of expectations to positively impact individual and company growth
- Proactively engaging in ongoing candid one-to-one feedback to promote and improve individual performance
- Achievement of organization sales, profit and gross margin objectives
- On-time and thorough implementation of sales department initiatives, quotas and performance objectives
- Efficient allocation of technology, support and training resources impacting the sales department
- Accurate and on-time reporting essential for sales organizational effectiveness
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, however, appropriate related experience may substitute
- MBA or equivalent highly desired
- Microsoft Office skills should be intermediate or advanced level
- Familiar with Southwest Washington region
- Knowledge of wholesale and retail sales techniques to grow revenue and profits
- Experience in wholesale and retail beverage and/or food service industry
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience leading sales and sales teams in a wholesale/retail consumer products environment.
- Experience selling into Supermarkets, Convenience Stores and related retail operations is preferred.
- Experience in DSD (Direct Store Delivery) environment
- Track record of solid financial management and budget control
- Salary information for this position is confidential. Submit Salary requirements with resume
- Position is considered exempt according to the FLSA
- Non-union benefits package and 401(k) plan
- This position is primarily out of office working within our customer’s local locations. Extremely limited overnight out of town travel
- Qualified candidates must be able to lift 50 pounds occasionally during an 8-hour shift, must be able to stand and walk for at least 4 per day
- The Sales Director is expected to take calls for emergency situations outside of business hours
JOB REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
Special Information (Travel required, physical requirements, on-call schedules, and so on):
Pre-employment drug screening and a criminal background check are required prior to hiring. Top candidates will also be required to arrange reference calls with previous employers as part of our interview process.
To apply, visit our company website at: Sales Director Application
Please, no phone calls or walk-ins. Due to the high volume of resumes received, we cannot respond directly to all applicants.
Corwin Beverage is an Equal Opportunity Employer.