Talking Rain Beverage CompanyApply for Job
Who we Are
Are you a curious, collaborative, self-led, resourceful, drive-not-ride type? Join us! When it comes to success, we know we’re only as strong as our team, so we empower our Rain Makers to forge the way—finding opportunity at the intersection of what they love, what we need, and where they thrive.
We’re Talking Rain, the maker of Sparkling Ice, and we’re so much more than water. We build flavorful brands that deliver sustainable growth and create a connected community that people embrace, trust and enjoy!
What You’ll Do
Drive, not ride. With a mindset of service, our Sales team goes out and execute in the market. Flawlessly. Now that’s how you build relationships.
NYC is a fast-paced, multi-faceted market that requires individuals that are full of energy, team and company focused, and ambassadors of the brand. In this role, it is important that you can excel in many different environments and situations quickly and effectively.
- Focus sales efforts by studying existing/potential volumes of targeted distribution channels and creating avenues to increase volume.
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on: pricing, products, merchandising equipment, techniques, etc. making recommendations for Talking Rain where necessary.
- Build strong relationships with store personnel, collaborating on potential opportunities.
- Partner with internal teams to determine, plan, and execute distribution strategies to service retail commitments.
- Partner with all levels of each distributor through monthly meetings to help grow Talking Rain products via incentive strategies, standards of practice, etc.
- Implement distributor sales incentives by establishing routine route rides and having the flexibility to adjust plans in order to keep distributor/wholesaler sales orders on track.
- Monitor distributor inventory for proper levels.
- Fill walk-in and stand-alone coolers and dry shelves with product, ensuring proper product rotation is maintained at all times.
- Build displays and maintain POS as necessary.
- Ensure all back-stock areas are clean and organized, taking the proper steps with unsatisfactory areas.
- Ensure food safety, quality, and SQF practices are followed at all times, notifying immediate manager of any food safety and/or quality issues.
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned.
Reports to: Market Manager
Direct Reports: N/A
What you Bring
- Integrity is at the core of who you are. You treat everyone as your number one customer.
- You take initiative, which means you have to be able to prioritize in a fast-paced, ever changing environment.
- Patience is a virtue, and you maintain composure, effectiveness and flexibility under pressure.
- Your results driven mindset enables you to interpret complex data, developing and communicating value-add solutions.
- You exude positivity, approaching each situation with optimism and energy.
- Your high EQ, or emotional intelligence, enables you to build and foster relationships internally and externally with people of all backgrounds.
- You never quit. As a persevering solution seeker, you’re adept at troubleshooting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field preferred; equivalent experience accepted.
- Two (2) years of beverage sales experience, preferred.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Systems.
- Ability to accommodate a flexible schedule, occasionally working evenings and weekends as needed for special assignments.
- Professional, business-like appearance and demeanor.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Ability to lift and carry 35 lbs. repetitively and up to 75 lbs. occasionally, as well as to push and pull up to 100 lbs. regularly.