Lagunitas Brewing CompanyApply for Job
A Brewer at Lagunitas Brewing Company is responsible for monitoring all aspects of cellaring and filtration, transitioning the batch from wort to finished mature beer in the Cellar and from unfiltered to filtered bright beer in Filtration to specifications for packaging.
What you'll do:
- Abide by all company safety procedures and participate in safety trainings.
- Follow and develop company SOPs.
- Maintain cleanliness and order in the brewhouse and cellars.
- Pull tank or inline samples and accurately perform tests.
- Clean in Place (CIP) area specific lines and tanks: Brewhouse vessels, 750 BBL unitanks, Brite Beer Tanks.
- Clean Out of Place (COP) of tank parts.
- Communicate and respond to out of specification critical process control points.
- Accurate and legible execution of paperwork and daily computer entries into electronic brew tracker.
- Train new hires on key actions in each department within the brewery.
- Work with Brewing Supervisors and Brewing Managers on special assignments or projects as needed.
- Handle/weigh out raw materials.
- Monitor and respond to alarms for all brewing processes on a Siemens PCS7 Control System.
- Select proper yeast sources for harvesting in such a way that does not delay cellar activities.
- Prepare yeast lines, pumps, and storage vessels for propagation or transfer of yeast.
- Complete yeast harvesting and pitching procedures.
What we're lookin' for:
- Experience working with a 50 BBL or larger brewing system preferred.
- Formal training and certification from recognized brewing school (Siebel, Doemens, ABG, etc.).
- Ability to perform a variety of brewing calculations.
- Strong working knowledge of CIP, COP, and sanitizing principles.
- Working knowledge of pneumatic systems, industrial electricity, mechanical power, steam generation and distribution, industrial refrigeration and sanitary process piping and systems strongly preferred.
- Ability to work with various computer programs including Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Safety conscious first, quality minded second, efficiency driven third.
- Willing to work weekends, evenings, and holidays; acceptance of varying and flexible schedules.
- Punctual & reliable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to work independently.
- Must be a Team Player.
- Must be able to multitask and work in a fast paced environment.
- Strong knowledge of craft beer and the brewing process.
- Ability to lift 55 lbs. repeatedly.
- Must be able to pass a respirator fit test.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crawl, climb and work in tight spaces.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time (up to 12 hours).
- Willingness to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Forklift/pallet jack proficiency required.