BevNET.com, Inc.Apply for this Job
BevNET.com, Inc. is the leading media company serving the non-alcoholic beverage, craft beer, and natural foods industries. As an industry hub for these communities, we produce industry conferences and publish web sites as well as a print magazine. (Examples of our work: http://www.bevnet.com, http://www.brewbound.com, http://www.nosh.com)
While we've been in business for over 20 years, BevNET is still a young company that works hard and has fun doing it. Our office is casual and laid back, but our team is tightly knit and focused on growth.
The company is privately-held, growing, and profitable, with no outside investors.
We are seeking a full-time energetic and experienced Events Coordinator to help plan and execute the companies conferences. This position reports to the Events Director. This position is instrumental in the management and execution of our annual BevNET Events series including: BevNET BevNET Live, NOSH Live, Cannabis Forum and Brewbound Live. These events attract 200 - 800 attendees and are held biannually in New York City and Santa Monica, CA. The Events Coordinator will act as the main point of contact and coordinate with event sponsors during event planning. The Events Coordinator will also be responsible for managing each our conferences sampling opportunities in which entrepreneurs can send their brand’s product to be served.
The position will be located in our Watertown Square office, which is accessible to public transportation (including express bus service from downtown Boston). Parking is also available.
Travel is required for this position. This includes travel to our conferences in New York (June) and Santa Monica (December), some of our smaller events, and potentially for site visits / prep work as required.
- Provides support to the Events Director on the planning and execution of all BevNET events and conferences
- Act as main point of contact for all event sponsors throughout the lifecycle from when they sign the contract until the event concludes.
- Set up sponsors for success by explaining how to use their packages, communicating deadlines and handling frequently asked questions through drip communications and meetings.
- Work with sponsors on premium feature implementations such as meeting rooms and VIP lunches.
- Manage, inventory, and ship all event equipment and materials such as AV equipment,, registration equipment , computers, notepads, pens, lanyards and swag.
- Create and send all sponsor information documents and emails
- Receive, label and inventory all sponsor booth material prior to events and onsite
- Manage and improve the full process, implementation and communication for the BevNET Live Sampling Bar, NOSH Live Sampling Experience and Brewbound Live Beer.
- Assist with onsite event setup which includes managing movers and hired event staff
- Assist Events Director with selecting event F&B, furniture and creating floor plans and schedules
- Work with event partners planning the conferences After Parties
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent college degree
- 2-3 years of event management, PR or marketing experience
- Positive attitude and excellent problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Drip communication experience a nice to have
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Drive; We also use Asana and Slack
- The ideal candidate will possess an optimistic “can do” attitude
- Competitive salary, based on experience.
- Full Benefits, including Health, Dental, FSA and 401(k)
- Casual work environment.
If you are interested in applying, please follow these instructions carefully. Please use the application form on this posting and include your resume and cover note. In your cover note, please tell us an interesting packaged food or beverage product that you recently tried.
IMPORTANT: WE DO NOT USE RECRUITERS AND ARE NOT LOOKING TO OUTSOURCE THIS POSITION. Third-party inquiries will not receive a response. Thank you.