West Coast Regional Sales Manager
Fuller FoodsApply for this Job
WEST COAST REGIONAL SALES MANAGER
Portland, Oregon preferred. Remote work OK if qualifications and cultural fit are highly compatible.
Serious Cheesy Puffs by Fuller Foods is the only super wholesome, non-GMO, absurdly large puffs made with seriously simple and good ingredients (no maltodextrin, preservatives, colorants, yeast, or “natural” flavors), such as Bob’s Red Mill corn and 100% real cheese. We are a fast-growing startup and looking to shake up the snack category beyond just cheesy puffs and there will be plenty of opportunities for future growth within. Winner of 2019 Good Food Awards.
The Sales Manager is responsible for executing go-to market strategy that focuses on increasing sales with existing distributors, maintaining existing accounts, and prospecting and building new relationships with retailers, distributors, and brokers. Extensive use of CRM required. The Sales Manager also will actively manage bottom-up planning with each key account on an annual basis and set quarterly and annual objectives. Ninety percent of the job is behind a desk, with the remainder for tradeshows – Fancy Food, Expo West, and distributor shows.
Company culture is chill, but also ambitious and proactive, with a cheesy sense of humor (we sell cheesy puffs, after all). You will be expected to wear many hats.
- Execute short and long-term sales objectives and strategies
- Call on Key Accounts, distributors, and brokers in the area to ensure distribution, ordering, programming, brand familiarity, and proper visibility
- Develop and maintain sales contact with all major customers and new prospects
- Maintain and expand existing distribution and volume sales
- Schedule and conduct distributor team meetings to inform and educate sales representatives of brand standards to optimize sales performance
- Constantly maintain and update CRM records to reflect real time activities
- Must be familiar with accounts on the West Coast and/or Mountain states
- Highly personable and ability to establish rapport and a good sense of humor
- A roll-up the sleeves, entrepreneurial, can-do attitude
- Strong planning and organizational skills, with attention to detail
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Comfort working in small organizations, working with ambiguity, and wearing many hats
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision
- Ability to analyze and think strategically
- Independent worker with great collaboration skills
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3-8 years of work experience in CPG industry either in retail, distribution, broker, or brand level or relevant experience
- Expertise with CRM and Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Previous experience launching with new distributors, regions, retailers, etc.
- Experience in managing and motivating brokers and distributors
- Comfortable with distributor management (promotions, paperwork, deductions etc.)
- Travel 4-6 times per year for tradeshows, and specific buyer meetings
- Salary, plus bonus, DOE market competitive
- Healthcare, including dental
- 10 days PTO in year 1 and increases thereafter
- Stock options available after year 1