Controller Cost Accountant
Boho BrandsApply for this Job
We are looking for a dynamic, passionate, and driven person to join the team as a Staff Controller / Senior Accountant. Everyone at blk wears many hats, so you will be required to do the same and take initiative to get things done. Your primary responsibilities will be overseeing our data entry/bookkeeper, collecting receivables, controlling spending against budget/plan, and creating reports and analysis for internal and external stakeholders. You will also be expected to identify and implement improvements to our processes and hold accounts responsible for meeting payment expectations and controlling outgoing cash to payable vendors. You will be responsible for receivables, handling distributor and big box retailer chargebacks.
- Cost control Responsible for developing, implementing, tracking and optimizing our food and beverage cost control initiatives across all outlets of all facilities. This position will oversee, analyze, and lead the achievement of financial goals for all aspects of Food & Beverage purchasing, COGS, labor, inventory, and income audit.
- Daily Bookkeeping, Accounting Perform full cycle bookkeeping for individual and multiple company entities through QuickBooks and related software tools; use appropriate modules; prepare journal entries, transfer funds, write checks, make deposits, create invoices, receive payments, enter bills, pay bills, bank reconciliations, etc. Ensure all entries are properly recorded, documented and filed.
- Company-wide Financial Support. Provide all around support and assistance to the CFO in accounting, GL, AR, AP, period close, finance, budgeting and forecasting, cash management, banking, payroll, financial and other reporting, audit, tax, compliance, internal & external relations, meetings and presentations, management and administration, communications, clerical functions, office operations, special projects and duties, etc., as may be assigned.
- Financial Reporting. Maintain integrity of General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, account reconciliations, tracking reports, supporting schedules, ad-hoc reports, KPIs and financial metrics, existing and new management reports; use Excel and other tools to prepare, participate and assist with various daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports, for internal and external users; ensure that financial management and all other reporting is timely, accurate, consistent, relevant and complete.
- Records Control and Documentation. Assist and execute in the development, documentation, implementation and enforcement of policies and procedures, controls, and reporting activities to improve departmental efficiencies and process.
- Bill Payment / Accounts Payable- You are responsible for making sure that all bills are thoroughly vetted and paid on time. You will create and manage the Purchase Order process, evaluate credit terms for all purchases and work to achieve a minimum of 30-day credit terms with all suppliers.
- Collections / Accounts Receivable. In this capacity, you will make certain that all payments due to the company are collected with at least a 90% collection rate within AR terms. You will create and manage the invoicing process. You will work with large distributors on Chargebacks and verifying all are accurate.
The ideal candidate will be extremely organized, detail oriented, and passionate about accounting. This position will communicate directly with the COO and CFO daily to ensure the financial stability of the company is maintained. This role is fast-paced and requires full attention of the candidate & constant communicationwith our team. We are looking for a passionate, motivated and highly organized individual to fill this role & add value to the team.
We require you to have a diploma from a four-year college or university.
Four (4) years’ experience in Accounting, preferably with food or Beverage
You must be a guru in Microsoft Excel and QuickBooks
Ready to go above & beyond to help the team; open to a flexible schedule
Exceptional writing ability, both business and creative
Entrepreneurially driven; excited to work in a fast-paced and energetic environment
Full of fresh ideas; skilled at planning, organizing, prioritizing and working on simultaneous projects
Solutions oriented; propensity to solve matters rather than dwell on the problem at hand
Competitive salary with Bonus Structure and Medical benefits, opportunities to grow within the company and shape our growth strategy.
Job type; Full Time