Packaging/Facilities Mechanic (2+ years exp. required)
Port City Brewing CompanyApply for this Job
We are fast growing, award winning craft brewery. We produced over 16,000 bbls last year, in our 7th year of business and expect to continue to grow. We brew, cellar, keg, bottle, ship and receive at the brewery and off-site warehouse. The brewery has numerous utility systems including a high-pressure steam boiler, glycol chiller, compressed air system, bulk CO2 and HVAC. The brewery floor also has a semi-automated JVNW 30 bbl brewhouse, a high speed Krones Bottling line, an IDD Kegger, a grain handling system, and 17 fermentation and brite tanks.
We are looking for a maintenance mechanic to help support our production and continue our growth. The maintenance mechanics position would focus on
- Ensuring production/processing equipment is ready for use when needed
- Creating/Implementing/documenting preventative and predictive maintenance across the brewery
- Performing various maintenance responsibilities including repairs, fabrications and modifications to production/processing equipment.
- Performing daily checks on all utilities
- Tracking and ordering spare parts
- Managing external contractors
- Addressing safety and quality issues
- Changing over production equipment
- Coordinating and implementing projects
The successful candidate must have a great attitude and preferably 2 years of experience as a packaging mechanic. Other essential skills necessary to excel in the position are
- Ability to read and understand electrical and pneumatic schematics
- Possess good technical skills in a majority of the following fields: Mechanical repair, electrical/electronic diagnosis, failure analysis, pneumatic/hydraulic systems, welding, basic machine shop practices.
- Work with 3 phase 208 and 480 volt electric
- Understand and Troubleshoot VFDs and PLCs
- Work independently, make decisions and use adequate organizational and time management skills
- Communicate well with other employees and managers
An individual with high mechanical aptitude and ambition is what we are looking for. We are a small company and you will be expected to be cross-trained to some degree and support production needs. We are a hands-on brewery and you will be expected to lift 55lb sacks; help clean; work in cold, hot and confined spaces and work early morning and evening shifts