Sales Representative- San Jose
Anchor Brewing CompanyApply for this Job
The Sales Representative will build and develop relationships within both on-premise and off-premise accounts with high volume and high visibility within the assigned territory. The Sales Representative will collaborate with their Manager to increase volume and distribution in these accounts to drive beer drinkers to become loyal customers of the Anchor Brewing Company portfolio. The successful candidate will also assist with distributor meetings and will be a strong presence within the distributor network to drive distribution penetration and increase share of mind.Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for increasing distribution and increasing volume in assigned accounts.
- Be viewed by all accounts and distributor personnel within territory as the “go to person” for any programs or opportunities with Anchor.
- Build relationships with high impact accounts within territory - approximately 100-125 accounts.
- Conduct waitstaff / bartender educations, beer tastings and evening promotions.
- Improve conditions and merchandise accounts by building displays, resetting coolers and displaying point of sale items to increase visibility of the brand.
- Assist with distributor meetings and influence distributor to reach agreed upon goals.
- Monitor and track progress against goals on a monthly and yearly basis through scorecard.
- Conduct distributor “ride alongs” to build camaraderie, educate distributor rep on Anchor, and sell in new business.
- Financial and budget responsibility - stay within budget while delivering objectives.
- Education: Four year college degree or equivalent selling experience preferred.
- Experience: 1-3 sales experience preferred.
- Demonstrated success in relevant prior work experience.
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends – non-traditional business hours.
- High energy team player with strong social skills.
- Working knowledge of beer industry: including on and off premise, function of Wholesaler, and 3 tier system.
- A competitive spirit with an assertive, confident personality.
- Sense of urgency and commitment to achieving results.
- Strong judgment and professional maturity.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Santa Clara County resident strongly preferred.