DC Sales Manager
DC Brau BrewingApply for Job
DC Brau Brewing Company in Washington, DC, is seeking an enthusiastic and highly-motivated Sales Manager to join our Marketing and Sales Team.
Since our launch in the spring of 2011, DC Brau Brewing Company has become a competitive regional brand in the DC/MD/VA craft beer market. As we grow, we are looking to increase our sales management staff to support the DC Brau brand in the local marketplace. We currently seek to hire an experienced Sales Manager in Washington, DC.
The DC Sales Manager will be responsible for the promotion of the DC Brau portfolio of brands and the promotions and sales of draft and canned beer in both off- and on-premise accounts in an assigned territory. This professional is expected to work closely with DC Brau’s distribution partners and Marketing and Sales Team to grow sales volume, open new accounts, and maintain existing accounts while developing new relationships throughout the distribution network. We are looking for applicants with relevant experience in brand representation (preferably with craft beer), accounts management, and sales. This is NOT an entry-level position. It is an excellent opportunity for someone willing and interested in further developing themselves professionally within a rapidly-expanding brewery.
Our ideal DC Sales Manager has a deep passion for craft beer, knowledge of and entry into the DC craft beer community, superior customer service skills, and the ability to build relationships with a broad range of customers and accounts. This professional must also possess strong working knowledge of how beer is made and the difference between craft brands and general market brands.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Increasing market share and same-store sales of our beers
- Aggressively pursuing new accounts and building relationships with existing accounts
- Growing and maintaining ongoing relationship with distribution partners
- Developing and maintaining expert beer knowledge and understanding of the DC Brau product portfolio, product availability, and sale techniques
- Managing individual time and activities to maximize sales volume in a defined territory
- Maintaining familiarity with liquor laws and licensing practices for all distribution areas
- Conducting beer tasting and account staff education with key accounts
- Meeting or exceeding established sales benchmarks
- Organizing, planning and staffing promotional and special events
- Accurately reporting activities and account records to the Business Development Manager and Accounts Management Team
- Working collaboratively with the DC Brau Accounts Management and Marketing and Sales Teams
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Beer sales experience at distributor or brewery level is a must
- Ability to become a Certified Cicerone within 6-8 month period
- Excellent written and oral communication skills a must
- Excellent persuasive selling and relationship development skills a must
- Bachelor's Degree, equivalent experience is a must
- Ability to adjust and adapt quickly to changes in schedule or customer demand
- Service industry and hospitality experience preferred
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and some experience using web-based storage sharing applications (i.e. Google Docs, Dropbox, One Drive, etc.)
- Available to work Monday through Friday as well as occasional weekend days as required
- Access to a personal vehicle
- Have an engaging and easy going personality
- Must live in the District of Columbia
DC Brau is offering full-time (40+ hours/week) employment. After a probationary period full-time employees are offered benefits including medical, vision and dental insurance, paid time off, and holidays.
DC Brau is an equal employment opportunity employer and implement policies and practices that do not discriminate against applicants or employees.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through our Career Portal.