West Coast Sales Manager
Endangered Species ChococlateApply for Job
Category leading CPG brand is looking for a dynamic and seasoned sales leader who has experience in developing and implementing sales strategies that increase sales velocity, expand channel opportunities and maintain profitable growth. Endangered Species Chocolate (ESC) a leading brand in the natural chocolate industry is looking for top talent to drive sales focused results that achieve the ESC revenue and profit necessary to reach the company goal of giving $1 Million annually to conservation.
The West Coast Sales Manager is responsible for executing go-to market strategy that focuses on increasing sales with existing distributors, maintaining existing accounts, and building new relationships with retailers, distributors, and brokers. The core responsibilities will be to deliver on the Brand Promise through Retailer and Distributor Management; Broker Management; Budget Management; and implementing effective Business Decisions. This is a remote position but must be mountain or west coast based.
The successful candidate will join the ESC Team with the responsibility of both strategy and execution for Key Performance Indicators of revenue dollars, growth rate, sales velocity and channel development and growth.
By embracing ESC’s 4 core values, the West Coast Sales Manager will:
- Be a person who can “Be Part of the Solution” – by motivating and guiding the brokers on specific sales and promotional objectives and clearly defining and communicating quarterly and annual objectives.
- “Strive for the Absolute Best” by developing and implementing an account-based sales strategy for each assigned retailer which increases velocity in existing distribution
- Cultivate a culture of “Passion with Purpose” while developing and maintaining personalized relationships with key business partners including brokers, distributors and retailers. Demonstrate their Passion through team meetings to inform and educate brokers, distributors, and retailers about the Endangered Species Chocolate Mission and Vision
- Partner with marketing and innovation teams to transform marketing ideas and insights into strategic retailer specific plans to drive volume and new business opportunities while abiding by our philosophy to always have “Respect for Species, Habitat & Humanity”
- 7-10 years of progressive related industry experience with key account and headquarters sales experience
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision
- Strong sales analysis capabilities, including portal data (i.e. Spins, IRI) with the ability to translate insights into actionable plans
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite – including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- A dynamic personality with a vision and drive to succeed as an individual and team
About the Company:
Endangered Species Chocolate (ESC) is a fast-growing company based in Indianapolis and is the #1 brand in the natural chocolate industry with distribution throughout the US and Canada. Over the past 3 years, ESC has donated more than $1.7 million dollars towards conservation through its brand promise. ESC is dedicated to contributing to conservation by capitalizing on the consumer demand for healthy indulgences, “better-for-you” ingredients, and corporate social responsibility.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Ideal West Coast Sales Manager candidates have: