Director, Key Accounts
Artisanal Brewing VenturesApply for Job
Director, Key Accounts
Artisanal Brewing Ventures
(ABV) is a top 10 regional craft brewer in the United States and is the parent
company of three long standing, successful craft breweries; Victory Brewing,
established in 1996 in Downingtown, Pennsylvania, Southern Tier Brewing,
established in 2002 in Lakewood, NY, and Sixpoint Brewing, established in 2004
in Brooklyn, NY.
Headquartered at our 28,000
sq. ft. innovation brewery and taproom in the South End area of Charlotte, NC,
Artisanal Brewing Ventures has a vision of creating a new model for craft beer
partnerships by preserving brewery independence while pooling resources to gain
scale and depth of expertise in operations, marketing and financial resources.
We are looking for world
class candidates who share in our vision towards becoming a world class
The Director, Key Accounts is responsible for managing ABV’s chain strategy and business results. They are responsible for developing ABV’s Key Account chain strategy in coordination with the VP, Sales. The Director executes strategy through management of ABV’s Key Account Team and wholesaler partnerships and builds value-enhancing relationships with key retailers through category management application, responsive problem solving and proactive relationship management.
- Lead, coach, and develop team of Key Account Managers to execute developed strategy.
- Cultivate and strengthen the critical relationship between ABV and our retail and distributor partners.
- Identify and deploy chain team against retail call points at the corporate, regional, and local level where necessary.
- Call on high-level retailers and any internal/external resources that can influence execution.
- Develop trusting, valued relationships with key stakeholders throughout ABV distributor network.
- Align strategy and execution with ABV sales, marketing, and operations teams.
- Share Best Practices across teams, regions and distributors.
- Manage Key Account tactical spending budgets.
- Conduct regional/store visits to check on execution and opportunities.
- Coordinate ABV pricing and pricing strategy throughout network.
- Develop targets and tracking to ensure volume, distribution, programing, and pricing are properly executed throughout market.
- Utilize sales tools (IRI, Nielsen, VIP) to analyze, develop and implement strategic sales plans.
- Work with ABV Sales Development Mangers, Analysts, and Sales Administrator.
- Maintain account profiles and customer data base.
- Perform administrative duties in a timely manner (expense and mileage reports, work calendar, price surveys, etc.).
- Attend special events, festivals, beer dinners and tastings, as needed.
- Maintain a professional image and demeanor at all times.
- Perform other business related duties as assigned.
- Strategic Mindset - Anticipates future trends and implications accurately. Readily poses future scenarios. Articulate credible pictures and visions of possibilities that will create sustainable value. Creates competitive and breakthrough strategies that show a clear connection between vision and action.
- Decision Quality - Makes sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information. Relies on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgement when making decisions. Considers all relevant factors and uses appropriate decision-making criteria and principles. Recognizes when a quick 80% solution will suffice.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Ensures Accountability - Follows through on commitments and makes sure others do the same. Acts with a clear sense of ownership. Takes personal responsibilities and processes for monitoring work and measuring results. Designs feedback loops into work.
- Communicates Effectively - Is effective in a variety of communication settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels. Attentively listens to others. Adjusts to fit the audience and message. Provides timely and helpful information to others across the organization. Encourage the open expression of diverse ideas and opinion.
- Drives Vision and Purpose - Talks about future possibilities in a positive way. Creates milestones and symbols to rally support behind the vision. Articulates the vision in a way everyone can relate to. Creates organization-wide energy and optimism for the future. Shows personal commitment to the vision.
- Collaborate - Worked cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives. Represents own interests while being fair to others and other areas. Partners with other to get work done. Credits others for their contributions and accomplishments. Gains trust and support of others.
- Attracts Top Talent - Attracts and selects diverse and high caliber talent. Finds the right talent to meet the group's needs. Closes talent gaps with the right balance of internal and external candidates. Is a good judge of talent.
- Builds Effective Teams - Forms teams with appropriate and diverse mix of styles, perspectives, and experiences. Establishes common objectives and a shared mindset. Creates a feeling of belonging and strong team morale. Shares wins and rewards team efforts. Fosters open dialogue and collaboration among the team.
- Instills Trust - Follows through on commitments. Is seen as direct and truthful. Keeps confidences. Practices what he/she preaches. Shows consistency between works and actions.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Business or Marketing concentration is preferred.
- 7+ years’ experience in craft beer sales is desirable; preference will be given to those with beverage sales or consumer product goods experience.
- Candidate must have proven computer skills and be proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Microsoft outlook, and have reliable internet access from home.
- Team Management experience, with the ability to coach and mentor direct reports.
- In-depth knowledge and proficiency in Shopper Insights and Analysis.
- Expertise in On and Off Premise Chain Account landscape.
- Craft beer industry passion and the appreciation of the culture that goes with it.
- A results driven, energetic, confident personality
- Excellent communication skills, including public speaking and presentation skills.
- Exemplary interpersonal, organizational and project management skills.
- Must live in the market where the position is located.
- Intensive travel schedule and flexible work schedule will be required, with regular visits to bars, restaurants, other retailers and warehouses, along with attendance at special events, festivals, beer tastings and dinners.
- A valid state driver’s license is required and must be maintained throughout employment period with ABV.
- The candidate must fully understand that they are a representative not only ABV but of the alcohol beverage industry. Associates are to conduct themselves within the limits of the law and with concern to the education of responsible consumption at all times. This includes working hours, trade shows, festivals and while entertaining in the name of ABV. Any poor reflection or legal matters that may arise due to poor judgment may be dealt with by termination.
- Candidate should be able and willing to lift at least 31.5 lbs. from ground level to a shelf 50 inches from the floor. The candidate should also be able to move 165 lbs. of kegged beer from one location to another by sliding it on the floor.
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment background and driver's license check.
- Adherence to safety policies and procedures of the worksite.
- You must be at least 21 years of age.
This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties.
Artisanal Brewing Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer