Melvin Brewing CompanyApply for this Job
Melvin Brewing is seeking an experienced brewer/cellar person to help us make beer from the future in beautiful Alpine, WY. We are currently operating a 30 bbl, 6-vessel automated brewhouse in a 20,000 square foot brewing facility among the mountains and rivers of western Wyoming. We are continuing to grow our production this year, and we are looking for someone who can complement our vision with his or her skillset.
This is an amazing opportunity with one of the fastest growing breweries in the country – and GABF’s 2017 Brewery Group of the Year! The right candidate will be responsible for daily operation of a 30 bbl brewhouse and all equipment involved to produce a variety of beer styles in strict adherence to Melvin Brewing’s process, quality and safety standards.
Duties include, but are not limited to, all requisite duties for hot- and cold-side brewery operations:
- Malt handling and brewhouse processes
- Fermentation monitoring
- Operation of GEA separator
- Wort and beer transfer
- Yeast pitching/health management
- Manual cleaning
- Basic brewery equipment maintenance
- Facilities maintenance
- Raw material and finished product handling (forklift and other equipment operation to warehouse and load/unload trucks)
- Operation of centrifuge
- Monitor gravities, temperatures, DO, off flavors and carbonations daily
- Perform FV and BBT CIP’s, while maintaining our quality focused SOP’s
- Be responsible for ensuring that security procedures are adhered to throughout the building
- Communicate regularly and efficiently with Melvin Brewing staff
- Arrive to each shift on time with a positive attitude
- Assist other departments when necessary
Job Requirements/Ideal candidate info:
- Unmitigated passion for beer and the work it takes to make it
- At least 2 years experience performing above duties at mid- to large-size craft brewery
- Quality-minded professional who always strives to improve
- Safety consciousness
- High level verbal and written communication capacity
- Team player with appreciation for combining efforts with others to achieve a common goal. Flexibility in schedule to permit brewer to work days, nights and weekends as needed
Physical Requirement/Working Conditions:
- Standing up to 10 hours per shift
- Stooping, bending, crouching, reaching
- Manual manipulation of small parts and all equipment necessary to the job
- Lifting up to 55 pounds to shoulder height repetitively
- Working in often hot/wet/cold/humid conditions
- Ability to walk up and down stairs throughout shift
- Great palate for beer with sharp olfactory and taste senses
The right candidate will possess a love of the outdoors and having fun! Whether it’s skiing, hiking, mountain-biking, fishing, rafting, kayaking, snowmobiling or all of the above.
Alpine is located about 40 miles south of Jackson Hole, WY, gateway to Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks. Our brewery is located on the banks of Palisades Reservoir and the Snake River, with two more rivers and vast wilderness all around.
Melvin Offers: IRA, Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, access to free and discounted ski passes, and some pretty great beer!
IF YOUR BEER IS NOT MADNESS. IT’S NOT BEER!
If you’re the right person: send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org -Subject Brewer/Cellar