Marketing Innovation Manager
Obrigado Coconut Beverages ( Aurantiaca USA LLC )Apply for this Job
The Marketing Innovation Manager will play a critical role in the development and execution of our Company’s new product strategy and pipeline. This individual will be a key player in ensuring that we achieve our future growth targets. Reporting directly to the Head of Marketing, he/she will be instrumental in creating a new Stage Gate process and in leading our new product development initiatives on a global scale.
- Reporting to the Obrigado Head of US Marketing, lead our marketing research firm and design agency through the completion of our comprehensive marketing research initiative that is currently underway.
- Uncover and leverage key research learnings to determine white space opportunities for innovation and field new concepts that will deliver on the promise of bringing to market breakthrough new products that drive incremental sales
- Build 1-5 year New Product Development pipeline based on concept results, size of opportunity, development process, COGS, capital requirements and timing to launch.
- Create internal stage gate process together with key cross functional team members to facilitate a healthy, yet entrepreneurial development process
- Lead executional excellence, commercializing new products on strategy, on time and on budget
- Build effective go-to-market strategies for each future new product, helping to determine the appropriate level of in-market support and financial requirements to ensure in-market success
- Champion innovation throughout the organization; act as ambassador for new product development both within the company and outside.
- Work closely with key members of the sales team and directly with major national retailers to ensure robust go-to-market plans and customer success
- Build a culture of camaraderie with the team in Europe and Brazil, helping to extend US successes to other markets within the larger organization
- Collaborate with our manufacturing team in Brazil as you champion new products through the production process.
Professional Skills and Experience Requirements:
- BA/BS required in related field; MBA preferred
- 3- 5 years of brand marketing experience required
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in new product development from concept to commercialization required
- Previous experience in CPG food and/or CPG beverage industry required
- Ideal candidate will have a classical CPG background with a well-known company and have worked for a start-up or smaller company at some point in their career
- Familiarity with common consumer marketing research tools and techniques
- Experience in category analysis and forecasting
- Experience with P&L analysis
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite software
Soft Skills Required:
- Curious, observant, and hypothesis-driven innovator
- Positive, team-oriented approach is required
- Ability to work collaboratively within cross-functional teams is a must
- Highly entrepreneurial; demonstrated ability to build new lines of business with willingness to roll up your sleeves to make it happen
- Ability and willingness to travel approximately 10-30% of the time
- English Fluency (Portuguese is a plus but not required)
Obrigado is a Brazilian coconut beverage brand that makes delicious and refreshing coconut waters, milks and juices from young, green coconuts that are grown on its very own sustainable farms in Bahia, Brazil. To ensure the freshest taste of its beverages, each of its coconut trees has a barcode for complete traceability and quality. All of Obrigado’s products are all-natural, never from concentrate, have no added sugar or preservatives, and are strictly non-GMO.
Obrigado, which means ‘Thank You’ in Portuguese, is brought to the United States by Aurantiaca USA LLC, an affiliate of Grupo Aurantiaca LLC. True to its brand name, Obrigado is committed to providing innovative and high-quality coconut beverages while also respecting the environment and its communities. The company is committed to zero waste and does its very best to turn every coconut into high-quality products that add value to people's lives and honor nature.For more information about Obrigado, visit obrigado.com