West Coast Regional Sales Manager
I'm Different SnacksApply for this Job
WEST COAST REGIONAL SALES MANAGER
Start: March 2019
Location: Los Angeles, CA preferred. Remote work OK if qualifications and cultural fit are highly compatible.
Company Description: Our passion is simple...making delicious snacks using quality ingredients that taste great, celebrating the awesome vibes of the 1980’s, and giving back. We are a fast-growing startup and looking to shake up the snack category beyond our delicious coconut clusters as we just launched our new awesome potato chips. There will be plenty of opportunities for future growth within.
Job Description:I’m Different Snacks is seeking an ambitious, experienced and hungry West Coast Regional Sales Manager - to help grow our fast-growing retail sales business across all channels (traditional retail, speciality/organic, food service, corporate campuses, convenience) on the West Coast. The ideal hire is already based in the West Coast in SoCal.
Our West Coast Regional Sales Manager is a leader in the field with deep experience in CPG (building brands into strong, industry players is preferred!) to help grow our retail sales business across all channels
The ability to be flexible, while still hitting sales goals is essential. The right person for this role will enjoy a fast-paced environment where priorities evolve as the business develops and grows.
The role will be tasked with working to ambitiously grow our retail presence and a ‘no problems only solutions’ attitude is critical to our company culture. This role will be responsible for achieving the annual sales revenue and profit goals for I’m Different Snacks, collaboratively set with management. The West Coast Regional Sales Manager will also be responsible for on-going sales and selling expense forecasting, as well as establishing selling prices within given profit parameters.
The Sales Manager is responsible for executing go-to market strategy that focuses on increasing sales with existing distributors, maintaining existing accounts, and prospecting and building new relationships with retailers, distributors, and brokers. Extensive use of CRM required. The Sales Manager also will actively manage bottom-up planning with each key account on an annual basis and set quarterly and annual objectives.
Company culture is ambitious and proactive. You will be expected to wear many hats.
- Execute short and long-term sales objectives and strategies
- Call on Key Accounts, distributors, and brokers in the area to ensure distribution, ordering, programming, brand familiarity, and proper visibility
- Develop and maintain sales contact with all major customers and new prospects
- Maintain and expand existing distribution and volume sales
- Schedule and conduct distributor team meetings to inform and educate sales representatives of brand standards to optimize sales performance
- Constantly maintain and update CRM records to reflect real time activities
- Must be familiar with accounts on the West Coast
- Highly personable and ability to establish rapport and a good sense of humor
- A roll-up the sleeves, entrepreneurial, can-do attitude
- Strong planning and organizational skills, with attention to detail
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Comfort working in small organizations, working with ambiguity, and wearing many hats
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision
- Ability to analyze and think strategically
- Independent worker with great collaboration skills
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5-8 years of work experience in CPG industry either in retail, distribution, broker, or brand level or relevant experience
- Expertise with CRM and Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Previous experience launching with new distributors, regions, retailers, etc.
- Experience in managing and motivating brokers and distributors
- Comfortable with distributor management (promotions, paperwork, deductions etc.)
- Travel 4-6 times per year for tradeshows, and specific buyer meetings
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience leading sales and sales teams in a wholesale/retail consumer products environment.
- Experience selling into Supermarkets, Convenience Stores and related retail operations is preferred.
- Experience in DSD (Direct Store Delivery) environment
- Track record of solid financial management and budget control
- Performance bonus
- 10 days PTO in year 1 and increases thereafter
- Opportunity to work to equity for the right person….and to grow with us as we grow.
Sounds like you are up to being a key early hire at Team I’m Different?
- If the above sounds like you and you’re a competitive AF builder who believes passionately that you can build a big business by doing the right thing - we would love to hear from you!
- Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org a 1-page, super interesting intro letter reflective of your personality telling us why you are the right hire for this role with your resume. No calls please.