Social Media & PR Specialist
Sid Wainer & SonApply for this Job
About Sid Wainer & Son
Sid Wainer & Son, based in New Bedford, MA, has been the most prominent importer and distributor of specialty produce in the country since 1914. In addition to produce, Sid Wainer & Son offers artisanal cheese and specialty foods, including their exclusive Jansal Valley® line. Sid Wainer & Son supplies over 25,000 of the finest restaurants, hotels, gourmet shops, retailers, and caterers both domestically and internationally.
The Social Media and PR Specialist will be responsible for the execution of all company and brand related social media and PR initiatives. The Social Media and PR Specialist will be accountable for the evolution and execution success of developing company brands social media and PR image locally and nationally. Working closely with the Marketing Manager on content and social strategy, and Marketing Director on ROI and execution outcome, this professional will work to execute planned social and PR strategy with precision.
The Social Media and PR Specialist will have an intuitive understanding, as well as excitement and interest of the social media landscape and be social media savvy across all major social platforms inclusive of: Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and all social media managing dashboards, inclusive of Hoot Suite and Hub Spot. This professional will use their talent and appreciation of social media and PR to build brand awareness, drive sales and leads, and tell engaging stories to acquire PR opportunities and optimal social positioning. Must be comfortable and confident with interacting with a variety of media outlets, comfortable with public speaking, cold calling, and pitching stories. The ideal candidate will have a passion for food.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Write effective press releases. Provide all media (publications, blogs, social media partners, cable TV, radio, web sites, partners etc.) with notices of upcoming product releases, newsworthy events, and story pitches.
- Coordinate and execute all PR related photo and video shoots and photo/video display.
- Develop strong media relations with media partners and manage the PR calendar to plan out all PR opportunities and happenings.
- Build and execute social media strategy through research, benchmarking, messaging, and audience identification.
- Proficient in Content Creation- Write, develop, and strategize content production and scheduling and advise on best methods of execution.
- Assist with crisis management, bad reviews, and negative news communications.
- Generate, edit, publish, and share content daily (original text, images, video, and HTML).
- Build meaningful connections and encourage community members through dialog and messaging.
- Create and maintain company social media pages daily and profiles.
- Moderate user-generated content and messages appropriately, based on company and community policies. Respond to social media inquiries and PR inquiries in a timely professional manner.
- Create and implement social media marketing plan and editorial calendar.
- Track and analyze analytics reports to gain insight on traffic, demographics, and effectiveness of campaigns and posts; utilize this information to positively affect future outcomes. Report all captured data frequently to Director of Marketing.
- Collaborate with other departments to manage company reputation, coordinate promotions, and increase reach.
- Develop a data driven understanding of the voice of consumer (VOC) to further identify our ideal consumer persona.
- Continuously reach out to a variety of media outlets regularly to achieve PR opportunity acquisition goals.
- Utilize public relations analytical and media outreach interface- manage this dashboard regularly.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Light to medium travel is possible with this position (tradeshows, press tours)
Required Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree in marketing, PR, communication, or related field.
2. Two plus years’ experience in digital marketing and social media
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Master’s degree.
2. Food Industry Experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Expertise with the business applications of social media platforms
- Knowledge of project management and social media & PR best practices
- Understanding of social media metrics; able to interpret the results and take action to increase effectiveness of social media campaigns
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Managing social media campaigns, accountable for CTR’s and CVR’s
- Leveraging social media presence to generate leads
- Using social media as an avenue to generate leads in a B2B environment
- Growing brand presence across social media
- Utilizing various ad formats to drive brand awareness, engagement, and conversion in a B2B and B2C environment
- Hashtags, Social Influencing and Social Influencers, Social campaign creation
- Developing engaging, convincing content
- Actionable insights & story pitching
- Obtaining the most optimal ROI out of every PR opportunity and maxing it out.
- Viral campaigns
- Health Insurance
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Care
- Paid Vacations
- Paid Holidays
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance (Company paid)
- Short/Long Term Disability Insurance (Company paid)
- Employee Discounts