Global Sales and Acquisition Manager
River Driver Cooperage & MillworkApply for this Job
We buy, sell, repair, recondition, and recycle wood barrels and adjuncts to and from distilleries, wineries, and breweries all over the world.
We’re looking for a Global Sales and Acquisition Manager to help with our domestic and international growth. The ideal candidate is someone who truly appreciates the history and craftsmanship within the global barrel and alcohol trade. An intrinsically motivated person who thrives off working with passionate liquid artisans and enthusiastic brewers, distillers, and vintners of companies large and small.
This position provides domestic and international travel opportunities, but does not require constant time “on the road”, as most work can be done remote or from our headquarters. This is not a completely remote position, however, as attendance in the office will be necessary at times to fulfill some job duties and obligations. With customers and clients in timezones all around the world, this is not a M-F, 9-5 job (Though we do value proper work/life balance!).
We pride our self with our proprietary methods, industry patents, and second to none customer service. We are constantly working better our employees, our company, our customers, and the industry.
Mission and Vision
Our mission is to conduct business in a “small town” fashion but on a global scale. To harnesses the true power of relationships (not just transactions) with customers, employees, clients, and vendors. We believe in our business and our neighbors, and strive to be leaders in our industry and our community.
- We will help our neighbors and support our community.
- We are global pioneers in the barrel industry.
- We are omni-barrel.
- Mistakes made make opportunities to learn
- Everyone has a strength, and we value that.
- We are family; Co-workers, associates, and customers.
- Every sale is a chance to learn and a chance to teach.
The Sales & Acquisition Manager is responsible for developing and implementing new sales initiatives, strategies and programs to capture key demographics, clients and customers. This position will communicate with customers to discuss their evolving needs and to assess the quality of our company’s relationship with them (consultative sales approach).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Respond to all customer inquiries both by phone and via email
- Invoice all sales via QuickBooks
- Source barrels and accessories to sell including reaching out to established sources, other barrels brokers, distilleries and more
- Research current and potential customers to be knowledgeable when speaking to them
- Run shipping quotes for customers
- Follow up with customers about sales that have yet to be closed. Following up with all contacts obtained at trade shows, events and in person
- Monitor all domestic and international sales channels and pinpointing ways to penetrate new markets
- Develop and adhere to a budget
- Organize and prioritizing all orders in collaboration with the Operations Manager
- Maintain an accurate barrel and retail product inventory in collaboration with the Operations Manager
- Communicate with Design & Development Manager on custom projects, store displays and miscellaneous other projects
- Source and purchase products for the retail showroom
- Foster community relationships including but not limited to marketing companies, Chamber of Commerce, United Way and local schools
- Create shipping documents when needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Business Administration or related degree pertaining to the field
- Minimum of 3-5 years sales and managerial experience
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Proficiency with Apple programs
- Experience with QuickBooks and invoicing
- Knowledge of the beer, wine and spirits industry
- Ability to attend occasional night and weekend events
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally
- Ability to effectively lead a team
- Excellent negotiation skills and strong decision-making abilities
- Uphold the highest and utmost level of customer service
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to work calmly and with accuracy and efficiency in a busy environment
- Ability to problem solve, ask questions and resolve issues as needed
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Reliable, punctual, responsible and professional