East Region Sales Manager
Blue Dog BakeryApply for this Job
Blue Dog Bakery is looking for an East Region Sales Manager to join our team! We are seeking a well-organized, service-oriented star who is ready, willing and able to work hard to help grow a small company. The ideal candidate will bring a positive attitude, new ideas and suggestions to the team.
The East Region Sales Manager is the front-line sales manager for our business in the Eastern US. The selected candidate will be responsible for all Grocery, Wholesale Distributor, Military and Alternate Channels in the Eastern half of the country. The role will manage an existing broker network and be responsible for delivering monthly sales, profit and new distribution objectives. This position will be based within the East region, preferably in a major market area. Partner with the Chief Revenue Officer, senior management, internal cross-functional teams and external resources to drive profitable and sustainable sales for the business.
What you can bring to the team:
Your attitude must be positive, flexible, curious, and focused, with an emphasis on a can-do, hands-on approach and philosophy. Must have the ability to operate independently and proactively.
A little bit more about Blue Dog Bakery:
We are a small team that enjoys our work and working with each other. Our office is bright, fun and filled with energy including our tail wagging treat testers.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer our employees a generous benefits package which includes; medical, dental, vision, short term disability, matching 401K, healthy lifestyle reimbursement and much, much more…
More specific details about the role:
- Forecast and manage individual customer P&L for all accounts, establish and track account promotional plans, develop and use tools to analyze and monitor individual account performance.
- Drive business success by preparing materials for and participating in all category reviews and other key customer meetings, work with buyers/category managers to improve shelf placement and product visibility.
- Prioritize sales objectives and align internal company strategies with retailer and distributor initiatives.
- Use internal monitoring systems to track and report on all sales activity.
- Suggest and make adjustments to sales and marketing strategy and tactics based on syndicated data analysis, market trends, company goals, etc.
- Present status of accounts and overall sales strategy for regular internal meetings, management meetings, and other occasions as needed.
What we would like you to have:
- Technologically savvy and highly capable with MS Excel, Powerpoint, Word
- Strong skills in the following areas: presentation, negotiation, analysis, customer service, selling, communication, organization
- Exceptional professionalism, energy, motivation, enthusiasm and integrity
- Team Player with a “can do” mindset
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Willingness to travel up to 75% (travel may vary based on time of year)
- Minimum 5 years previous consumer product sales or marketing experience
- Minimum 5 years account management experience
- Four-year college degree
What we offer:
- A company that is in the business of improving pets lives through rewarding experiences
- A team that is ready to mentor and encourage you to grow within the organization
- An organization with a strong national presence and industry reputation, poised for continued growth
- A fun and supportive work culture
Blue Dog Bakery is an equal opportunity employer