Western Group PackagingApply for this Job
Work with brand new state of the art equipment in a brand new 155,000 sq. ft. beverage manufacturing startup facility in North Las Vegas seeks a qualified Maintenance Technician to become part of our team! Join us as we become the facility that will ultimately set the standards for all other beverage manufacturing facilities!
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Prior experience working with robotic palletizer, bottle and pack conveyors, laser date encoders, shrink film packagers, and multi-reel labeling
- Expert knowledge of pneumatics, air compression, hydraulics, liquid compression, electrical, automation systems
- Ability to trouble shoot high speed bottling equipment, dryers, cooling towers, boilers
- Minimum of 4 years in manufacturing and maintenance experience
- Prior experience maintaining machinery with PLC control panel