Retail Development Associate
Lord Hobo Brewing CompanyApply for this Job
LHBCo is looking for a hustler; an individual that can multi-task and helps the leadership in executing our strategic vision; which is developing a new retail business group that involves commercial real estate opportunities outside of our mother ship here in Woburn, Massachusetts. This individual will work under the direct supervision of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and the VP of Business Development. This is a key role within a growing organization, and this person will have direct and daily interaction with the management team
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists the CFO and the VP of Business Development in identifying potential retail projects and researching connections.
- Participates in development of, and prepares Request for Proposals, offers, term sheets and lease amendments.
- Lead all RFP development and project management for all future developments taprooms, brew pubs, pop up beer gardens and brick and mortar / retail locations / beer halls as defined on a project-by-project case.
- Coordinates Lord Hobo’s move-ins and move-outs, and walks-through spaces with landlords and civic organizations.
- Gathers, prepares, and distributes marketing materials.
- Prepares a financial proposal for review by the CFO and the Finance Team.
- Drafts correspondence to prospective landlords and civic organizations.
- Compiles research for the management team, such as tenant surveys, summary reports, maps, status updates, and presentations for listing or tenant representative assignments.
- Gathers and coordinates materials necessary for transactions such as listing agreements, commission agreements, leases, and sales agreements. Participates in ensuring that all legal documentation including permitting and licensing in order.
- Integrates and coordinates with the rest of the organization (Finance, Sales, Marketing, HR, Taproom, Events) as it pertains to: timelines, staffing, licenses, equipment, etc.
- Compiles research on average asking rents, tenants in the market, historical data, and market comparisons.
- Maintains current knowledge of market conditions, property values, and legislation that may affect the real estate industry.
- Participates in forecasting and assisting finance in the preparation of financials for RFPs and the preparation monthly performance, explaining variances.
- Quickly and accurately understands and is able to convey the Lord Hobo Brewing Company brand image/strategy.
- Develops business relationships through membership and participation in professional, industry/trade and civic organizations.
- Travel up to 70% of the time, both in and out of state.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications and requirements:
At a minimum, Retail Development Associate candidates must have the following qualifications:
- Demonstrable prior experience in either quarterbacking or leading RFP processes.
- Real Estate Salesperson license.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university.
- A minimum of five years of commercial retail related experience and/or training.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office and G Suites.
- Ability to present well both internally and externally to third parties (banks, landlords, brokers, community/civic organizations) preferred.
- Affinity for Craft Beer a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
How to apply:
If you are ready to join the LHBCo team, email your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. Tell us about yourself and why you’re interested in the position.
Lord Hobo Brewing Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.