Business Development Manager, Aseptic
Amcor Rigid Plastics USAApply for Job
Amcor Rigid Plastics
Business Development Manager - Aseptic
Amcor is the world’s largest publicly traded packaging company; a market and innovation leader adding value to the world’s most recognizable brands.
- Amcor, with $9.1 billion in sales (FY 2017), is a global leader in responsible global packaging solutions supplying a broad range of rigid and flexible packaging products into the food, beverage, healthcare, home and personal care, and tobacco packaging industries.
- Amcor offers exclusive and innovative solutions that are at the forefront of the packaging industry.
- Today, Amcor has more than 35,000 co-workers working together across 200 sites in more than 40 countries.
- We are: Global, Customer-driven, Innovative, Responsible and Talented.
- Listed as one of the top 50 companies in Fortune Magazine’s “Change The World” report. (2017)
To understand Fluid/Liquid dairy processing applications and equipment, provide leadership and technical expertise within processing and packaging areas, and translate gaps and needs of fluid dairy brand-owners and co-packers into actionable strategies for Amcor. This work will generate incremental revenue and profit by offering product and service solutions in targeted segments and increase penetration of the total addressable market. This position will be market / customer facing and will be responsible for implementing the Business Development strategies.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Deliver revenue growth and profit generated from direct penetration of the Fluid/Liquid dairy markets
- Develop value proposition and selling tools for the Commercial Team
- Build a strong external network consisting of key influencers and collaborators within the industry. Areas of focus to include Aseptic OEMs, (GEA Procomac, JBT Stork, Shibuya-Hoppmann, Sidel), regulatory (IMS), industry associations (IDFA, DMI), and senior decision makers at targeted accounts
- Serve as subject matter expert for market sizing, market trends and dynamics, and competitive analysis
- Lead cross-functional team on the development and implementation of defined strategy (technology, product management, commercial) for the market and targeted segments
- Work closely with R&D (Product Development & Innovation) to support the development of multi-year product plan
- Work closely with the Sales Team (Regional Business & National Accounts) to engage customers commercially
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; Packaging or Dairy focus desired
- MBA or Master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of related Fluid/Liquid Dairy experience – filling types (pasteurized, extended shelf life, ultra high temp, aseptic) and equipment
- Experience in developing industry value assessment and executing on strategic business development and growth opportunities
- Experience with material conversion strategies (HDPE to PET, Paper & Glass to Plastic)
- Experience with Rigid Plastics (PET, HDPE) – systems, supply chain, technical, manufacturing, processes
- UHT Pasteurization and Aseptic Filling experience a plus
Skills & Abilities
- Proven ability to develop and execute strategic growth plans
- Ability to lead, motivate, and inspire cross-functional teams
- Critical and creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills, internally with executives and externally with customers
- Must possess a high level of energy and passion for growth
- Must have proven track record of commercial success
- Must have ability to travel (domestic)
Amcor Leadership Framework Competencies
· Customer Focus
· Learning on the Fly
· Interpersonal Savvy
· Drive for Results
3-5 Applicable ALF Competencies:
- External ARPNA customers
- Represent ARPNA at professional organizations
- Internal interface with ARPNA Leadership
- Commercial and Finance team liaison
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class