Field Sales Manager
Narragansett Brewing CompanyApply for this Job
- Responsible for growing Narragansett Brewing Company volume and market share in the city of Boston by:
- Providing key / secondary retail account coverage through identifying impact accounts with Distributor Management and establish call frequency.
- Develop and make sales presentations to high volume retail accounts to drive business growth. Communicate to the distributor on retail call results and follow-up as needed.
- Conduct promotions and samplings when required and attend local craft beer festivals as needed.
- Execute and Track Retail Programs by; executing Narragansett distributor and brewery programs. Ensure retail distribution targets are achieved. Develop retail sales incentives. Achieve major holiday/sales period display activity and ensure distributor display targets are met. Track store level sales and analyze the business to identify sales opportunities and gaps to achieve sales objectives.
- Conduct monthly distributor sales meetings to motivate and educate the distributor sales team in selling and promoting Narragansett brands.
- Conduct Distributor Planning Meetings and Action Plans to assist/participate in the Distributor Annual Business Planning process that drive monthly sales/distribution targets and objectives for each brand/sku. Assist and make recommendations in the development of the price promotion calendar to achieve features and displays.
- Train and coach distributor sales reps/merchandisers and develop their skills to help achieve Narragansett sales goals. Progress / Work-With/Market Visit Reports are to be submitted weekly to Distributor Sales Management / Brewery Sales Management.
- Forecasting and Inventory management of beer/merchandise ordering, to ensure no out of stock at retail and that we have market presence at retail as well as support retail accounts to capitalize on impulse consumer purchases.
- Fiscal Responsibility to manage trade, travel, entertainment and price promotional budgets.
- Responsible for coaching merchandisers / sales people in properly rotating product. Champion of Audit Mode.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 1 to 2 years sales experience within the beverage industry.
- Strong business savvy mindset and communication skills
- Creative entrepreneur capability and selling skills.
- Ability to influence, build a rapport and motivate strong relationships with wholesaler sales reps, wholesaler management and key retail customers.
- Has the experience and ability to put together good sales presentations.
- Good understanding of the 3 tier DSD system.
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing or Business Management preferred
COMPENTENCY SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Good Computer skills and is very knowledgeable/experienced with PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Very good analytical skills
- Good at identifying opportunities and developing solutions
- Results oriented
- Self-Starter (can work independently), with good teaching skills and can motivate others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills