Director of Sales
FARMWISE LLC (Veggie Fries)Apply for this Job
Director of Retail Sales: Conventional & Natural Accounts
(Veggie Fries®, Veggie Tots®, Veggie Rings® , Chicken Veggie)
Reports to: Co-Founder/SVP Sales; Location: Mid-West or Rocky Mountains preferred.
Who We Are: Farmwise LLC is an innovative food company based in Wellesley, MA dedicated to providing healthier and great tasting alternatives to America’s favorite frozen foods.
Farmwise revolutionized the $1.5 Billion Frozen Potato Category with the introduction of its Better-For-You brands Veggie Fries®, Veggie Tots® and Veggie Rings® - attracting new users and stimulating growth in a stagnant category. Made from a blend of farm-grown vegetables and beans, these brands deliver the same crispy and delicious texture of traditional Fries, Tots and Rings together with extra veggie nutrition families need. Veggie Fries, Veggie Tots & Veggie Rings are Non-GMO Project verified, Gluten Free, Vegan and Free of the Top 8 Allergens and present in approximately 9,000 stores today.
Farmwise continued pioneering break-through innovation with the launch of Farmwise Chicken Veggie Nuggets and Tenders in Q4 2018 – an “all-in-one” solution providing the protein and veggie nutrition families need. Chicken Veggie Nuggets and Tenders are Gluten Free and Free of the Top 8 Allergens.
Farmwise has additional breakthrough innovation planned in additional Frozen categories in the back half of 2019.
The Role: We are looking for a Sales Leader and “go getter” with proven experience delivering significant growth in the Conventional Grocery channel and some key natural accounts with a positive can-do attitude, high sense of urgency, leadership, and “hungry” to help us grow our business to the next level.
The Director of Sales will work closely with the Co-Founder to implement the strategies, sales promotional plans and forecasts to double and triple existing velocities and expand distribution as well as presenting innovation in the key strategic accounts. He/she will manage our established Regional Broker teams inspiring them to provide exceptional attention and support to our products. He/she will develop personal and productive relationships with Buyers in key accounts and develop impactful Trade Promotion and will work closely with our Marketing Manager to develop Shopper Marketing initiatives that drive our growth in key accounts.
We are looking for a self-starter who is resourceful, comfortable working independently, creative and thinks out of the box to come up with best strategy to deliver growth right away, has huge sense of urgency, great follow through and is very analytical. We are seeking for someone that is energized by the opportunity to build extraordinary brands.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Report to Co-Founder in the implementation and execution of the strategies and sales plan - setting and then striving to exceed company goals within the Conventional Grocery Channel & key Natural accounts.
- Velocity: Develop and implement promotional Plans that will double and triple existing velocities with the ideal mix of promotional and consumer support.
- Insights: track and analyze Category and Account performance using a variety of data sources (IRI, Spins, Whole Foods portal, etc.). Have the ability to develop insights and create action plans to constantly push sales and velocities to achieve double/triple growth.
- Retailers: Foster long term relationships with our retailer partners and buyers representing Farmwise at the highest level. Initiate and lead meetings with Buyers for Annual Planning and New Product introductions. Responsible to prepare presentations and gather all key important data to put together the deck for review meetings.
- Promotions: Develop and implement yearly promotional plans but also keep a close eye month to month to ensure we are on track and meeting sales goals and drive and propose changes to further accelerate sales.
- Brokers: Actively manage and push current regional Broker to ensure they help to deliver our sales objectives.
- Shopper Marketing: Identify account specific shopper marketing opportunities and work closely with Marketing manager on execution.
- Forecasting and strategic planning for key accounts, establishing account Plans that deliver Net Sales and track to Trade Promotion and Gross Margin targets.
- Trade Shows: Participate in selling trade shows as necessary.
CRITICAL SKILLS & ABILITIES:
A leader with a passionate desire to continuously improve every aspect of his/her personal and business skill tool kit.
- Experience developing annual trade plans that deliver rapid growth.
- Takes initiative swiftly to help build business at every level and driven to exceed goals while implementing “healthy” sales plans
- Ability to work independently with limited support staff and high level of comfort working remotely but collaboratively as part of our team.
- Action oriented and results driven.
- Experience managing Brokers and ability to gain disproportionate attention, support and resources from Broker teams.
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Strong listening skills and ability to adjust style and approach based on account dynamics and customer cues
- Collaborative and supportive team member.
- 7+ years sales experience in the Food or Beverage space working directly with Key Accounts. Could be seasoned Director searching for inspirational hands-on role or current Senior Sales Manager ready hungry and ready to move to the next level.
- Previous experience managing Frozen products is a plus.
- Experience in a start-up environment preferred.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced high growth environment with ambitious but realistic objectives and timelines.
- Fast learner, logical thinker and collaborative team player. He/she is able to handle a few tasks at the same time and knows how to prioritize and has huge sense of urgency.
- Entrepreneurial in spirit- Excited to take on new challenges and opportunities and eager to go above and beyond. Can think out of the box especially if not used to work on a start-up environment.
- Working knowledge of financials such as margin, profitability, promotional spending, trade spend, is a must. etc.
- Great analytical skills to be able to review and analyze syndicated data on an on-going bases.
- Strong ability with Microsoft Office particularly Excel and PowerPoint is a must. He/she will be responsible to prepare and put together decks for meetings with category managers.
- Ability to travel as needed – up to 30 to 40% of the time.
- Ability to work tradeshows on weekends as needed.