Outside Sales Representatives - SF Bay Area
Vive OrganicApply for this Job
Market Development Managers &
Market Development Reps
- San Francisco, CA
- Oakland, CA
- Sacramento, CA
Vive Organic is on a mission to bring a new form of health and wellness to people around the world! Using Earth’s most powerful roots, herbs, flowers and leaves, we’ve embarked on a journey to concentrate this power into convenient, raw, organic and non-gmo 2oz Wellness Shots. Through working with a team of doctors, we’ve been able to select ingredients that work together in harmony to meet specific, health-forward functions.
Vive Organic launched its Wellness Shots in April 2016 and it’s been a non-stop ride of growth since. With an experienced and passionate team behind the company, all key partners in place, and a strong team of investors supporting our mission, we are well positioned to build our company in 2017 and beyond. And with Whole Food’s recent trend prediction of Wellness Shots as a top trend of 2017, timing is looking even better.
Vive Organic is looking for a Market Development Managers & Market Development Reps (DOE) to join the Vive Organic team nationally. This person will be responsible for the overall growth of Vive Organic in your territory across the DSD/food service channel. Primary responsibilities will include acquiring new coffee retail accounts and managing and optimizing accounts through retail merchandising and demos. The Market Development Representative will work closely with the founding team and company distributors. The position requires a self-motivated, organized, energetic, creative and ambitious person.
- Develop and maintain an organized list of key opportunity accounts in the territory (5% of time)
- Bring on on premise up and down the street retail accounts through DSD or retail partners (70% of time)
- Account relationship management, including conducting staff training (15% of time)
- Optimization in new accounts, including guiding proper shelf positions, merchandising, and demos (10% of time)
The optimal person will be a driven, self-starter that is hungry for success and able to work independently.
What we are looking for:
- Passionate about building the Vive Organic brand and the Wellness Shot Category
- Experience working in a food/beverage service retailer or restaurant OR have sold consumable products via the DSD, food service, or on-premise channel
- Experience working in a results-oriented position with little managerial oversight
- Willingness to do what it takes to meet goals and get things done
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Proven success in sales call strategies
- Ability to cold call and take rejection; and keep on going!
- Innovative and creative in approaching accounts and expanding business
- Able to formulate account strategies to penetrate and secure distribution
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Professional demeanor in working with coworkers, distributors, retail reps and consumers
- Must have valid driver's license and own vehicle to travel and transport promotional merchandise between accounts within assigned territory
- Willingness to travel to another market and support new distribution efforts, with advance notice
- Must be able to use basic features in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Ability to work occasional weekends
- food/beverage retail service experience or prior DSD sales experience
- Beverage sales – account acquisition and maintenance
- Natural food or Beverage prior Sales or Brand Ambassador experience
- Understanding of DSD network and how to sell into them
- Experience working with distributors, analyzing sales data,
- 4 year college degree
- Creative and entrepreneurial attitude
Base Salary + Bonus/Commission + Equity awarded to the right individual. Along with the ability to work with a passionate young team, backed by industry leading advisors in the Natural Food Industry.
**Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with more about you and why you’d like to join the Vive team!