Territory Support Representative
Troegs Brewing CompanyApply for Job
Position: Territory Support Representative
Territory: Pittsburgh area
Job Classification: Full-time, Year-round; Salary position
Reports to: Regional Sales Manager
Benefits: Available Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, QPI Program – Eligible after completion of 90-day Introductory Period; Retirement plan – Eligible after 1 year of employment
Tröegs Independent Brewing is a family-owned company with a perpetual curiosity for making great beer. We look for co-workers who share our uncompromising vision. We value highly-skilled people who can get along with others and maintain a positive working environment.
The Territory Support Representative position is an account-level sales position focused on identifying, promoting and supporting Troegs business in the Pittsburgh area. This position requires flexible hours, daily travel and weekend events. This is an entry-level position.
High-energy, detail-oriented person needed for fast-paced, but rewarding position. Must be self-motivated, organized, goal-oriented, and have a pleasant personality with the ability to communicate well with people. Be able to take direction and work independently. Beer industry knowledge is required. The ideal candidate would live in Pittsburgh or the Pittsburgh suburbs and have a working familiarity with the beer scene throughout the region.
Daily Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make daily sales calls to existing accounts and cold calls for new business.
- Visit and maintain contact with retailers, restaurants, bars.
- Be thoroughly acquainted with every key decision maker or decision influencer in accounts.
- Visit a minimum of 12 accounts a day.
- Perform 3 promos/samplings/festivals/staff trainings weekly, 10+ new draft placements monthly.
- Build displays in accounts with proper brewery signage and pricing.
- Search for new draft placements while merchandising accounts.
- Participate in beer samplings, promotions, beer festivals and all related events.
- Support needs of distributors as required (i.e., POS, tap handles, sell sheets, etc….).
- Communicate on daily basis w/ Area Sales Manager regarding placements, trends, seasonal considerations and all other sales related issues.
- Build & maintain relationships by communicating regularly with our distributor sales reps and occasionally calling on accounts together.
- Complete company administration requirements on time and regularly, including expense reports, weekly/month recaps, monthly calendar, budget management, and daily e-mail responses.
- Attend quarterly sales meetings/ presentations with our distributor’s sales staff.
- Must maintain a function vehicle and have a driver’s license with NO DUI’S.
Distributor / Market Knowledge:
- Knowledge of who key people are at distributor(s) such as owner, President/ GM, sales manager, supervisors, all sales people, merchandising manager, merchandisers, events coordinator, operations manager, draft manager and receptionist.
- Develop understanding for how the following gets done: brewery deliveries to wholesaler, beer deliveries to accounts, POS orders, pulling and invoicing of samples, scheduling ride withs, scheduling merchandiser account visits for specialty POS and beer displays, and how sales reps and supervisors are compensated.
- Know pricing of all Troegs products plus general pricing of top 5 craft and import beer competitors in the market.
- Develop market profile and target lists.
- Strong knowledge of Troegs Independent Brewing, its history and its products.
- Familiarity with the 3-tier system, area beer scene.
- General knowledge of the brewing process and how all Troegs beers are produced.
- Communication styles – well developed understanding of the four communication styles, proven ability to consistently recognize and adapt to all four styles, and the ability to master all five components of the selling skills process (opening, proposal, probing, objection handling and closing).
- Basic computer skills, Microsoft Office, Google Docs and email.
- Previous retail and customer service experience required.