Sales Representative - Boston Area
Longbow Distribution LLCApply for this Job
This is an outside sales representative position at Longbow Distribution LLC -- a small MA wholesaler of craft beers, ciders, spirits and other unique beverages. The hire will be responsible for sales in the Boston and Greater Boston territory. Candidates are expected to live within the Boston area.
Self-Motivation – Sales representatives develop, grow and maintain a route within certain territories, establishing new accounts and working regularly with buyers in a manner that is efficient and productive. Sales representatives are required to fill and maintain their own daily schedule. This work is largely outside of the office environment.
Organization – Sales representatives cover a wide territory and sell from a large and diverse portfolio. Excellent organizational skills and habits are necessary to stay on top of orders and incoming shipments. Excellent scheduling skills and habits are required to schedule regular meetings with buyers and all other aspects of maintaining sales routes.
Communication – Sales representatives will be charged with developing and maintaining ongoing business relationships between Longbow and account buyers/managers/bookkeepers. Clear communication via phone, text, and email (strong written and oral communication skills) required. Competency with Excel and Google Sheets is expected.
Professionalism – Sales representatives work closely with a varied set of accounts and individuals and are the main point of contact for accounts with our organization. Courteous and professional conduct which furthers our mission, reinforces our vision and exemplifies our values is expected at all times and in all situations.
Education – Sales representatives will be expected to have a fair amount of experience in outside sales and knowledge of craft beer and cider before they are considered for the job. Furthermore, our staff is expected and encouraged to constantly develop their knowledge of beer and other beverages, the nuances of their accounts and prospects, technical knowledge useful in diagnosing and troubleshooting issues with products or draft systems, market trends and wider industry developments, and all other areas of knowledge as pertain to being an effective beer industry professional.
- Seek out and establish new accounts within territory.
- Schedule regular meetings with buyers and be physically present for all accounts on a regular basis.
- Solicit and process orders.
- Maintain awareness of current and incoming product inventory.
- Support bookkeeping department by communicating with accounts regarding balances and payments due.
- Collect payment from accounts as requested. Deposit account payments as necessary.
- Support and communicate with operations department regarding information on delivery schedule, returns and damage, product pick-ups, credits owed, changes to orders, etc.
- Monitor and respond to all communications in a timely and helpful manner.
- Grow sales volume and revenue according to monthly and quarterly goals established by sales manager.
- Maintain current and coherent list of contacts and notes for all accounts and provide to manager upon request.
- Maintain knowledge of products, operating systems and procedures. Participate in company-directed product tasting/training.
- Work tastings and industry events as directed.
- Other miscellaneous duties relevant to sales and general tasks as directed.
- Valid driver’s license
- Physical ability to safely lift cases and kegs of beer
This is a full-time position. Compensation estimated above includes a base annual salary in addition to monthly sales commission. Sales representatives are compensated for mileage and for a monthly phone stipend.
Medical and dental insurance are offered, as well as earned vacation time.
Job Type: Full-time