Pitaya PlusApply for this Job
Pitaya Plus is a certified B-Corp located in San Diego, California that was founded 9 years ago with the mission to promote the healthy benefits, sustainable framing practices, and ethical production of the Pitaya (a.k.a. Dragon fruit) Superfruit. Our products are all produced under our philosophy of only 1 ingredient, organic, minimal processing, and never adding any preservatives. Today our products can be found at over 9000 of the best Natural Health Food Stores, Supermarkets, Juice Bars, across the US, Australia, and Canada. Whole Foods Market, Kroger (all banners) Jamba Juice, Sprouts Farmers Markets, New Leaf, Mollie Stones, Safeway, and many other amazing retailers currently stock our products.
Pitaya Future:2019 is going to be a big year at Pitaya Plus as team will be growing to help keep up with global demand. It is an exciting time to join the Pitaya Plus team as we are poised for significant growth.
Job Summary:An important position in the organization and will report directly to the CEO. Typical duties include the management of daily operations of supply chain, vendor relationships, and inventory management.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for improving company margin by driving down costs and improving efficiencies
- Maintains and improves company objectives for inventory par levels turnover of finished goods
- Works closely with the Finance team to develop and manage the department budget
- Works with internal, cross-functional teams to support sales initiatives and company objectives
- Works closely with Finance team and with internal, cross-functional teams to improve company efficiency by reviewing and supporting the implementation of new technologies
- Continually improves operational efficiencies in support of strategic goals
- Manages all aspects of freight to our co-packers and third-party warehouses
- Negotiates rates and contracts for freight to our co-packers and to our customers
- Negotiates contracts and manages relationships with third-party warehousing
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential in order to work with all levels within the company, manage vendors, and deliver projects simultaneously within tight deadlines
- Strong planning and executions skills, attention to detail a must
- Must routinely exercise independent judgment and be able to work and think strategically
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint and solid grasp of web technologies
- Natural Food Industry experience a plus
- Proficient understanding of budgeting and cost control.
- Initiative — ability to work independently; ensure responsive timely follow-up; meeting of deadlines; demonstrate a sense of urgency; ability to prioritize; organizational skills.
- Strong teamwork skills and ability to foster a positive and productive environment.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that fluctuates in response to customer demand.
- Commitment to company values.
- Competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience EOE