Sales Director - PNW
DRY SodaApply for this Job
Director of Sales – Northwest
We are seeking a highly motivated and dynamic Director of Sales – Northwest, to join DRY’s sales team. This position will have a laser focus on growing our DSD distributor and retail customer business. This role requires someone that is enthusiastic and has experience working with DSD, retailers, and on-premise. The ideal candidate is developed in all sales processes (customer, distributor, operations planning, selling, etc.) and has the ability to successfully navigate the DSD channel as well as understand chain accounts through distributor business. This critical role is responsible for driving DRY sales regionally. Responsibilities include building and managing, distributor and retail customer relationships.
DRY Soda Company creates beautifully flavored, lightly sweet sodas, made with just a handful of ingredients. Founded in Seattle in 2005 by a mother of four, DRY’s products honor the real flavors of fruit, flowers, herbs, and spices. With a commitment to simple ingredients, artistry, community, and most of all, flavor, DRY Soda Company is challenging the status quo and showing the world that not all sodas are created equal.
DRY’s Sparkling Soda line features ten culinary-inspired flavors, sweetened with a touch of cane sugar, available in 12 oz. glass bottles, slim 12 oz. cans, four-packs, and seasonal 750 mL Celebration bottles. DRY Zero Sugar Sodas are USDA Organic and available in four bright and bubbly varieties in 12 oz. cans and 6-packs. DRY Soda Co.’s beverages are sold in thousands of stores and restaurants across North America. For more information, visit www.drysoda.com.
We’re looking for candidates who are:
- Passionate about food and beverage - You may even consider yourself a foodie
- Reliable - You have shown consistent employment and/or commitment to an organization
- Strong Communicator - You can communicate clearly and concisely to a team
- Entrepreneurial - You are passionate about working with a growing company, excited to take on new challenges and opportunities, and eager to go above and beyond
- Strong leader - You have the unique ability to lead and inspire others to do their best!
- Seasoned in the industry - You have experience working with customers and distributors, etc.
- Self-motivated – You can work independently in your market and thrive in a team setting
- Develops, maintains and communicates with Distributor Network and Senior Sales Management regarding sales goals, forecasts and action plans to grow DRY Soda Co. brand and sales in the region.
- Grows DRY Soda Co. distribution revenue within assigned territory YOY through increased points of distribution, chain support, managing allocations and inventory in region.
- Develops, aligns, communicates, tracks and reports Monthly Business Objectives (MBOs) to all direct reports and up to Senior Sales Management
- Sets the Annual Business Plan (ABP) for the territory and holds all distributors accountable for goals and forecasts through Monthly Business Reviews.
- Ensures appropriate forecast and inventory levels to achieve market goals and quality assurance freshness and standards.
- Ensures consistency with all marketing initiatives throughout region as well as consistency with overall brand.
- Aligns distributors with DRY Soda Co. National Accounts strategy, holds distributor accountable to execution on National Accounts strategy, executes and holds distributors accountable to authorizations, programs, features, displays, and pricing.
- Plans, manages time, and prioritizes as necessary to align efforts with company goals.
- Creates and maintains strong, long-term relationships with our in-house DRY Soda Co. support team, distributors, and retail partners.
- Minimum of 5 years of Management success and experience with a combined total of 5 years of Alcohol/Beverage Sales experience
- Proven track record of Distributor Management, Territory Development and People Management and Development.
- Able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of forecasting, points of distribution, rate of sale and volume driving planning and execution.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of fundamentals of pricing, promotions, gross profit, gross margin strategies and execution.
- Travel 6-8 days per month and commitment to work some nights and weekends to support market efforts is required in this position
- Physically capable of a variety of duties including but not limited to repeated lifting of 30 pounds or more, extended amounts of standing, stooping, crouching, and climbing
- Must be located in Seattle or Portland
In addition to a competitive salary, you will receive a car/transportation allowance, equity, performance bonus, generous PTO package, full medical / dental / vision / life / LTD benefits and a 401K w/ match after 6 months.
To apply please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Director of Sales – Northwest as the subject line.