Field Sales Representative - West LA | Orange County
Brouwerij WestApply for this Job
We are looking for sales representatives to expand our brand in the West LA and OC markets, especially individuals with beer industry sales experience and a serious interest in great beer. We are also looking for a person who shares our love of traditional Belgian brewing as well as
Field sales representatives report to our Director of Sales & Distribution and are accountable for increasing our company's revenues within their coverage area by selling draft and packaged beer through deliberate customer relationship development and management. We are seeking a field sales representative for the West LA area (Downtown to Santa Monica to South Bay) and one for Orange County. The role requires autonomy, initiative and excellent interpersonal and marketing skills.
- Understand and embrace Brouwerij West brands and beer styles. Develop and maintain a detailed knowledge of the differences, similarities, and
competitiveedge between our products, our methods, and our brand identity and those of other craft brewers and mass-market beer producers.
- Consistently establish new customer relationships within the assigned coverage area. Identify new client prospects and visit locations to introduce our products and make sales.
- Consistently increase sales volumes with existing customers within the assigned coverage area.
- Prepare and send regular marketing communications to our existing clients, including follow-up with non-responders.
- Periodically visit existing accounts to check-in on their satisfaction, to introduce new products, and to develop incremental sales orders.
- Nurture and maintain long-term and robust customer relationships. Interact with customers as needed to identify and resolve any interruption to quick, efficient service. Help maintain and expand our customer database in Orchestrated Beer, our SAP-based production and accounting system.
- Assist in management of keg fleet including tracking picked-up kegs and scheduling keg pick-ups.
- Obtain and communicate customer feedback to Director of Sales & Distribution and management regarding product quality and popularity, brand perception, competitor pricing behavior, and satisfaction with our beers.
- Forecast seasonal sales, brand execution, and revenues within coverage area with reasonable accuracy.
- Attend weekly sales meetings to review sales data and provide trend reporting to Director of Sales & Distribution and management.
- Work with production and delivery colleagues to promote and achieve a seamless and superior customer experience from beer order to beer delivery and payment.
- Coordinate with production and brewing staff to determine beer supply available for sales and distribution.
- Organize orders and help plan delivery routes for self-distribution, coordinating with delivery drivers as needed.
- Taste beers and partake in sensory analysis.
- Assist in the training of colleagues including newly hired employees.
- Work with and support company management on special projects as needed.
- Keen interest in the beer brewing process, beer styles, and beer culture, including in developing an understanding of underlying scientific principles governing fermentation.
- Ability to stay abreast of trends in craft beer including social media trends, competitor product launches, competitor pricing behavior, and industry marketing techniques. Experience with beer sales preferred but not required.
- Flexibility for frequent travel to visit new prospects and existing clients in assigned geography. Ability to multi-task while out of the office at client visits, to avoid operational interruptions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills and wherewithal to independently build customer rapport. Ability to deliver an engaging and convincing presentation of our beer products and brand, and to write professional e-mail correspondence.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail, including a focus on order accuracy and record keeping without requiring supervision. Superior problem-solving skills and mathematical accuracy.
- Ability to work with Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets, and ability to learn Orchestrated Beer.
- Must be able to periodically lift and move objects such as kegs, cases of beer, and glassware cases.
- A professional work style
that isalways polite, punctual, reliable, and collaborative.
This position will report to the Director of Sales & Distribution.
This is a full-time, salary plus commission pay position. Pay and benefits commensurate with experience.
Qualified candidates will be required to interview in person in Los Angeles, CA if selected.
Brouwerij West is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!
About Brouwerij West
Brouwerij West is a unique growing craft brewery and venue located in the San Pedro neighborhood of Los Angeles. Our brand was founded in 2010 and we opened our San Pedro brewery in February 2016 in a former Port Warehouse initially built by the U.S. Navy during World War II. The operation encompasses 26,000 square feet of the Crafted at the Port of Los Angeles facility, including 8,000 square feet devoted to visitor use for our tasting room and events, as well as an additional 17,000 square foot outdoor courtyard and beer garden. We brew our beers using traditional ingredients and methods mixed with creative inspiration and experimental techniques to produce our take on classic Belgian-style and farmhouse ales, IPAs, lagers, mixed-fermentation beers and more. We have a love for art and presenting our beers in new and interesting ways. Brouwerij West is committed to doing our part to protect our planet’s environment: our facility is covered with solar panels and generates more electricity than it uses, and our mash filter-based brewhouse uses 30% less water than traditional breweries.