Director of Production
Fort Point Beer CompanyApply for Job
Fort Point Beer Company is seeking a Director of Production (Director of Brewery Operations) to oversee our 40,000 BBL production facility in San Francisco, CA. This senior leadership position will be responsible for managing daily operational activities and is responsible for the overall leadership and guidance of thirty production staff. The ideal candidate will possess an energetic and engaging approach to leadership and will consistently strive to maximize the efficiency of production operations while maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety. This candidate should be extremely motivated, detail oriented, and eager to propel themselves and the company to new heights.
Reports to CEO
Direct Reports: Production Managers (2), Facility Manager, Quality Manager
Works alongside Director of Brewing
- Hire, train, motivate and lead a diverse production team that demonstrates continuous personal and professional growth.
- Create a department structure that ensures all brewing, cellar, and packaging operations are completed safely, efficiently, and on schedule.
- Continuously develop and improve Standard Operating Procedures, systems, and workflows.
- Ensure that the facility is in compliance with all environmental and safety regulations. Ownership of all reporting, auditing, and communication with required agencies.
- Innovate and implement production and technical brewing processes that promote a world-class level of quality and efficiency.
- Work with Supply Chain Manager to create production schedules and provide feedback on raw materials.
- Help to further QA/QC and sensory program with assistance of Quality Manager.
- Research, budget, and advise on facility infrastructure improvements and major equipment purchases.
- Develop and implement cGMP and HAACP plans.
- Identify, track, and report on department KPIs.
- Communicate clear objectives and goals to the production team through communications and regular meetings.
- Represent Fort Point at company and public events.
- Troubleshoot issues on production floor as necessary.
- 5+ years managing operations in a manufacturing facility
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in related field
- Brewing industry experience preferred but not required
- Ability to effectively motivate and lead a diverse workforce.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Project management and budget ownership experience.
- Systems-based approach to organization and problem solving.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Apple (Pages, Numbers, Keynote).
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Google Business Suite (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Slides).
- Experience executing maintenance on manufacturing equipment.
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements and a proven track record of building a culture of safety first.
- Formal technical brewing training and/or experience.
- Experience with Netsuite or other ERP systems.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving ability.
- Possesses a safety-first approach to all tasks,
- Works collaboratively and effectively in a team environment.
- Clear and effective communicator.
- Always striving for improvement.
- Committed to producing the highest quality beer possible.
Expected Hours of Work
- Weekday morning, weekend, and/or evening schedule may be required
- Operate canning line and packaging equipment
- Operate forklift, scissor lift and manual and powered pallet jack
- Centrifugal pump
- Density meter, pH meter, microscope, and general lab equipment
- Brewhouse - Mash mixer, lauter tun, kettle, whirlpool
- Paid Time Off
- Paid company holidays
- Health Care: 100% Employer contribution to Kaiser Gold plan and 50% for Dependents
- Supplementary: Eligible for Dental, Vision, and Life group plan
- Commuter pre-tax benefits
- FSA pre-tax benefits
- Discounted Planet Granite or other Gym membership
- Beer and Food benefits
- On occasion travel during the workday may be required to a different warehouse or facility
- This job operates in a warehouse environment with heavy machinery and occasional loud noises.
Please provide resume and cover letter.