BevNET.com, Inc.Apply for this Job
Founded in 1996, BevNET.com, Inc. is the leading media company serving the non-alcoholic beverage, craft beer, and natural foods industries.
As an industry hub for these communities, we produce conferences (the focus of this position) and publish web sites as well as a print magazine. (Examples of our work: http://www.bevnet.com, http://www.brewbound.com, http://www.nosh.com).
We pride ourselves in organizing top-notch conferences that are the best in their respective industries. We put on approximately 10 conferences per year that range in size from 150 to 850 people and the majority of our events are hosted in New York and Los Angeles. All of our conferences are well-respected and many sellout, including our 850 person BevNET Live conference.
While we've been in business for over 20 years, BevNET is still a young company that works hard and has fun doing it— and we’re always looking for what’s next. Our office is casual and laid back, but our team is tightly knit and focused on growth. The company is privately-held, growing, and profitable, with no outside investors.
We are seeking a full-time energetic and experienced Events Director to oversee the planning and execution of the company’s conferences.
The Events Director will oversee the events from start-to-finish, including venue selection, contract negotiation, budgeting, vendor selection and management, and on-site execution for most of our events. This will require working with management, our sales team (responsible for sponsors), and our editorial team (responsible for content/speakers) in order to ensure that the event is a success.
The Events Director will also be responsible for managing the Events Coordinator (a full time resource that’s already in place) as well as other resources used to execute the events.
The position will be located in our Watertown Square office, which is accessible to public transportation including express bus service from downtown Boston. Parking is also available.
Travel is required for this position. This includes travel to our conferences in New York (June) and Santa Monica (December), some of our smaller events, and potentially for site visits / prep work as required.
- Works with the management team to develop and implement the business plan and long term strategies for event operations.
- Oversees the execution of event logistics for all events, including floor plans, seating charts, speaker relations, menu planning, stage design, etc.
- Oversees the process of acquiring event space, including venue searches, contract negotiation, contract renewals
- Ensures function space and corresponding heart of the house areas are cleaned and maintained.
- Assists with implementation and execution of all event related corporate initiatives and promotions.
- Ensures department is working within budget and adjusts expenditures according to revenues.
- Maintains awareness of current trends in event management and brings these items to the attention of the management and the team.
- Reviews effectiveness of event operations at each event and makes appropriate adjustments.
- Oversee the handling of sponsors, making sure that the team has an understanding of their objectives and that they are on-boarded and managed with an eye for success at the event.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for attendee relations throughout the events team and any staff that is utilized.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent college degree
- 3+ years of event/conference experience as an event coordinator or director
- Experience with venue and vendor selection as well as contract negotiation
- Experience managing others
- Positive attitude and excellent problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Expert organizational skills with great attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Drive; We also use Asana and Slack
- Competitive salary, based on experience.
- Full Benefits, including Health, Dental, FSA and 401(k)
- Casual work environment.
If you are interested in applying, please follow these instructions carefully. Please apply to John Craven (via this page) and attach your resume and cover note. In your cover note, please tell us an interesting packaged food or beverage product that you recently tried.
IMPORTANT: WE DO NOT USE RECRUITERS AND ARE NOT LOOKING TO OUTSOURCE THIS POSITION. Third-party inquiries will not receive a response. Thank you.