Fremont Brewing CompanyApply for Job
We currently hiring for a full-time Packaging Operator located at our main facility in Ballard. The primary responsibilities include operating and maintaining all packaging equipment including our canning, bottling, and kegging lines. We are seeking an individual who is passionate about beer and deeply cares about making and packaging the best beer possible.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work within a team culture and safety-first environment
- Safely and efficiently operate, maintain, and troubleshoot all packaging equipment
- Collaborate with brewing, cellar, and warehouse departments to ensure timely production and achieve brewery goals
- Maintain all quality standards and perform all QA/QC checks, with an eye towards constant improvement
- Maintain the utmost level of cleanliness throughout
packaginghall and all equipment
- Understand the fundamentals of packaging and equipment operation
- Complete preventative maintenance tasks
- Perform other similar brewery related duties as required
Required Skills / Experience:
- 1+ years of brewery (or other beverage) packaging experience
- Strong knowledge of packaging operations and equipment
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to problem solve on the fly
- Strong preference for experience with rotary can fillers, case packing equipment, and palletizers/de-palletizers
- An obsessive dedication to quality and detail
- Ability to work safely and follow SOP
- High ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
Desireto learn and take on new responsibilities
- Flexibility in scheduling.
Positionwill require first, second shifts and weekends.
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Strong communication skills
- A robust sense of humor and a healthy ability to laugh at oneself (and others)
- Skilled at Nerf
- Standing for long periods of time (up to 8-10 hours per day)
- Ability to move heavy materials (lifting to 50 lbs, moving up to 160 lbs)
- Climbing ladders
- Ability to work safely around moving mechanical parts
- Routine pushing, pulling, reaching, stooping, climbing, bending
- Ability to work in hot and cold environments
Fremont Brewing offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, a dynamic and rewarding work environment, and growth for dedicated and committed employees.
Fremont Brewing provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, military status, or political ideology in any of its activities or operations.