Tangled Roots Brewing CompanyApply for this Job
TANGLED ROOTS BREWING COMPANY
Tangled Roots Brewing Company “TRBC” in Ottawa, IL is seeking an experienced and entrepreneurial Brewmaster who will oversee all aspects of brewery production and packaging, drive beer innovation and manage the daily operation of all TRBC brewing facilitates. As the company expands, the Brewmaster, will lead the design and engineering of new breweries to optimize capability and capacity of the TRBC production base. Working directly under the CEO, this position is a critical leadership and public facing role.
Key responsibilities include:
- Driving TRBC to the forefront of beer innovation through an aggressive product development program to create strategic and financial value.
- Managing all brewery operations to ensure quality and consistency of beer production throughout the brewing and packaging processes.
- Working with TRBC Farms on the hops and malt strategy and integrating the same into the beer recipes to drive our farm to foam concept.
- Leveraging the production grid to optimize our brewing capacity and capabilities while driving productivity.
- Managing the brewing team including recruitment, scheduling, performance management, training & development.
- Owning the brewery P&L to ensure profitable revenue growth through proactive management of direct labor, raw materials and packaging costs.
- Ensure brewery risks are managed through business continuity planning, effective maintenance regimes, health & safety management and a thorough QA program.
- Oversee all aspects of the brewery supply chain from vendor selection and purchasing of raw and packaging materials, to effective logistics management to ensure market demand is met on time and in full.
A successful candidate should have College Degree preferably in brewing, microbiology, food science, fermentation, or chemistry and 10 years of brewing experience with at least 5 years in a leadership role within a prominent brewery operation. They should demonstrate a strict adherence to productivity, quality and consistency as well as show a proven commitment to accurate and thorough record keeping and a rigorous adherence to planning. TRBC is seeking a self-motivated, hands-on individual with a strategic mindset, a strong leadership style and an entrepreneurial spirit. This position will initially be based out of Ottawa, IL with planned expansion into Chicagoland.
Interested applicants should send letter of interest and resume to:
About: Tangled Roots Brewing Company (“TRBC”)
Tangled Roots Brewing Company provides the very best in craft experiences through the quality and character of its beers and brewpubs alike. From growing our own hops and barley for our farm to foam series, to delighting consumers with leading craft food and beverages, we seek to be at the forefront of our industry. www.tangledrootsbrewingco.com