Director of Brewing Operations
Left Hand Brewing CompanyApply for this Job
Left Hand Brewing Company is looking for an outstanding candidate to join our righteously independent brewery in Longmont, Colorado, located in the heart of the foothills and gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park. A passion for craft beer, with a desire to learn and grow along with the company’s expansion, is a must. The ideal candidate will have a natural ability to work well under pressure all while keeping a positive demeanor and staying on task.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & DUTIES:
The Director of Brewing leads all brewing, cellar, and packaging (BCP), oversees recipe development, and is instrumental in identifying needs and parameters for brewery expansions. Provides effective communication and inspiring leadership to successfully integrate all aspects of BCP operations with regards to efficiency, cost reduction, and profitability—brewing and packaging world class beer every single day. Directs and mentors the Brewhouse Manager, Cellar Manager, and Packaging Manager.
- Oversees all aspects of the production schedule, from creation to execution, to meet sales projections, and regularly communicates with relevant departments on progress.
- Develops and reviews quality standards with the BCP team to ensure consistent beer quality.
- Ensures yeast management parameters are followed throughout the entire process.
- Collaborates with the Director of Plant Engineering on new equipment purchases/major expenditures to improve beer quality and maximize efficiencies.
- Engages all brewery staff in the development of new recipes, including the management and operation of the pilot system.
- Oversees and manages BCP budgets, as well as capital expense requests and presentations.
We strive to thrive everyday through our Core Values which define our culture and shape how we approach our customers.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Proven experience as Director of Brewing Operations or equivalent position
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent communication and management skills; must possess ability to persuade, influence and build consensus among all parties
- In depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles (e.g. brewing, cellar, packaging)
- Proven ability to multi-task in a surrounding of continual change; ability to respond flexibly in a quickly changing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate as a member of a leadership team and a leader of production teams. Acts as a team player, willing and able to roll up sleeves when needed.
- Capability to be flexible, execute plans, strategies, and achieve desired results
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems, act decisively, and persist in the face of obstacles
This is a full-time salaried position with a benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, ESOP, paid time off, and of course world class beer. We do not cover relocation costs. Proud to be an EOE. For a more detailed list of our benefits please visit: (put in website)
Instructions on how to apply:
If you love hard work and interacting with people as much as you enjoy craft beer, and you think you’re appropriately qualified and a good fit to work with us, please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. The subject line should have (Director of Brewing Operations) and (your name).
If you have completed StrengthsFinder please include your top five strengths in your cover letter or resume. Phone calls will not be accepted. If we feel you are a potential candidate, we will call you. Not sure if this position is still available? Please check our website: www.lefthandbrewing.com. This posting closes EOB, 3/29/19 (We reserve the right to close postings sooner).