Brewery Cellar Technicians and Packaging Technicians
Isle Brewers Guild, LLCApply for this Job
Brewery Cellar Technician Isle Brewers Guild, LLC – Pawtucket, RI
Isle Brewers Guild is hiring a Cellar Technician, who is responsible for executing all production activity in the brewery cellar including yeast management, fermentation operations, chill proofing, dry hopping (Hop Cannon), clarification (via centrifuge), Work-in-process lab testing, CIP of all related equipment, cleaning and housekeeping of all areas of the facility, and GMP documentation of all procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
· Perform all operations to pitch yeast, monitor and control fermentation and aging operations, chillproof and clarify beer for timely release to packaging operations.
· Perform quality assurance testing, sensory testing and GMP documentation of all activities.
· Work with Cellar and Quality Supervisor to coordinate and prioritize all required production activities (including cleaning, yeast handling, cellar work, and occasionally assisting in other functional areas of the brewery).
· Successfully complete initial and ongoing training to ensure compliance with safety regulations and SOP’s.
· perform necessary maintenance on equipment as directed.
· Perform daily status checks and calibrations on all processing equipment to ensure that all equipment is functioning properly and fluid levels and process parameters are within optimal operating specifications.
· Attend a daily shift meeting and understand expectations, tasks, and discuss Key Performance Indicators to track performance in Safety, Quality, Cost, and On-time Delivery.
· Ensure that the brewery and cellar are clean and organized at all times.
· Perform Cycle Counts and track appropriate inventory levels of raw materials, chemicals, personal protective equipment and other production department consumables and equipment.
· Identify production questions and issues, and follow up as needed with management.
· Respond to accidents and safety concerns, respond appropriately to incidents and near misses and assist in required investigations, root cause analysis, corrective actions, and documentation.
· Be a positive, professional collaborator and first line of contact with Isle Brewers’ multiple brewing partners. (yes, a people person)
· 1+years related experience and/or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Must have at least 1 year experience in a high volume brewery cellar environment (30bbl+).
- Excellent problem solving/troubleshooting ability
- Demonstrated ability to be successful in a collaborative team environment.
- Proficient with Computer systems including MS software programs. Must be able to learn and accurately utilize automated brewery operation system.
- Ability to endure on a daily basis, extensive walking, standing, kneeling, crouching, and lifting (excess of 60lbs)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, climb flights of stairs, work from elevated areas, and wear a respirator and/or hearing protection when required by the job.
- Tolerate summer/winter temperature conditions and Hot and Cold room environments
Must be available to support 12-hour shift, weekend and holiday schedules as required.
To be considered for this position, send resume and cover letter to Isle Brewers Guild, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.
Pre-employment background check required.
Job Type: Full-time
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com